PDA

View Full Version : convert inventor file to mechanical desktop file

daominhtri01
2005-08-29, 08:34 AM
Please tell me the way to convert an inventor file to a mechanical desktop file or open an inventor file in mechanical desktop. Thank you very much

jonathan.landeros
2005-08-30, 12:18 AM
Please tell me the way to convert an inventor file to a mechanical desktop file or open an inventor file in mechanical desktop. Thank you very much

If you're trying to save an Inventor model into Mechanical Desktop, the only way is to save out as a *.sat file or *.stp file and import it into MDT. The file will lose it's intelligence, but you'll have a solid body that you can create views from and dimension.

If you want to just create drawing views from the models, AutoCAD Mechanical has the Inventor Companion, that creates views from Inventor Models, however, I think it was introduces in R8, and doesn't support assemblies until R10.

If you want to take MDT models into Inventor, Inventor can translate the files from MDT and keep the feature history. As of R10, it can also import the drawings and maintain links too. This will translate the MDT models into the Inventor.

daominhtri01
2005-09-01, 08:40 AM
thank you very much