PDA

View Full Version : Problems with "Export to AutoCAD"

kgray.65984
2005-08-30, 12:59 PM
I work in AutoCAD buiding systems 2005 and really like the idea of the 'export to AutoCAD' option for sending files to clients with vanilla AutoCAD but I'm finding it to be quite unreliable. I've had the following problems occur when using it.
- It often takes some xrefs and turns them into blocks while leaving the others as xrefs.
- Some layers have a different frozen / thawed status than before.
- Sometimes viewports with a rotated view are reset to 0 degrees.

Is there a way to be sure I'm going to get a consistent conversion when using this option, or are there things that I'm failing to understand about using it?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mike.Perry
2005-08-30, 01:03 PM
I work in AutoCAD buiding systems 2005 and really like the idea of the 'export to AutoCAD' option for sending files to clients with vanilla AutoCAD but I'm finding it to be quite unreliable..Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

CADNate
2005-09-08, 05:58 PM
I work in AutoCAD buiding systems 2005 and really like the idea of the 'export to AutoCAD' option for sending files to clients with vanilla AutoCAD but I'm finding it to be quite unreliable. I've had the following problems occur when using it.
- It often takes some xrefs and turns them into blocks while leaving the others as xrefs.

Is there a way to be sure I'm going to get a consistent conversion when using this option, or are there things that I'm failing to understand about using it?

Thanks. I would like to add a ps. to the question about exporting.
My problem is that it turn all the objects and blocks to lines.
Is there a way to export without everything converting to lines.
Thanks.

andyw
2005-09-29, 07:26 PM

Thanks.

ABS 2005 had many problems with the export to Autocad routine. A lot of time was spent fixing it for 2006. Sorry to say the only way to get consistant results it to upgrade :(

andyw
2005-09-29, 07:32 PM
I would like to add a ps. to the question about exporting.
My problem is that it turn all the objects and blocks to lines.
Is there a way to export without everything converting to lines.
Thanks.

I don't believe so. The reason for the Export to Autocad routine is to strip out all ABS/ADT data to be compatible with Autocad, thus everything is conveted to simple entities. Devices are converted to anonymous blocks.

What specifically are you looking for?