PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Coordinates Extraction

Chris Matira
2005-09-02, 05:03 AM
Getting multiple coordinates entries and putting it in a spread sheet table is very tiring and boring... You have to repeat the same commands over and over again.. you "id" the point and then copy and paste the coordinates. This is specially monotonous if you are going to get a a hundred entries... Here is an easier way of getting it faster.

1. First you define an Attribute Block to be placed inside a circle to serve as a marker..
Specify the Tag Name of the block as Point#. Then save and close this drawing.

2. On your drawing where you need to get the coordinates, insert the Attribute Block you've
created on the locations where you need the coordinates. Enter a unique number for every point you entered, this will serve as your point number.

3. To extract the coordinates of the blocks you've just inserted... You need first to create an extraction template in a word processor . Your template should contain this data:

BL:NAME Cwww000 (Block name)

BL:X Nwwwddd(X coordinate of block insertion point)

BL:Y Nwwwddd(Y coordinate of block insertion point)

character Cwww000 (Character attribute tag)

***N means numeric, C means character, www means a 3 digit number for the total width of the field, and ddd means a 3 digit number representing how many numeric decimal places are to be displayed to the right of the decimal point.

Then save this template on the same location you want your output to be put...

5. On your drawing, invoke the ATTEXT command. For the file format, you could choose CDF OR SDF format.. Then select the blocks you entered. For the template file.. browse for the attribute template file you created... Then on the output, create an output file name on the location where you saved your template file. Your output file will be saved on a txt file.

6. To extract the coordinates you needed in a table form, open your output file using Excel and you will noticed that x and y coordiantes of are already separated in a column.
Just do some editing on the spreadsheet and you will have a neat presentation.

If you know how to use LandDesktop, you could use the the Create Manual Points option to do the same function.. But if you don't, this is better than using the id command specially for multiple coordinate entries.

tlewald
2005-10-06, 10:20 AM
I'm with you most of the way, but where I vere is after block placement.

Once the blocks have been placed, I use "DSTP_BLKATTXP" to export all the fields to a .csv file.

Give it a shot and let me know if makes life a little easier for you.