PDA

View Full Version : View Title Editing

Arnel Aguel
2003-05-20, 10:37 AM
I'm working on some simple project and trying to play around with revit capabilities, when I created a new sheet and inserted some view in the sheet I don't seem to be able to control the View Title Annotation. I cannot edit the txt, I know that the view title is link to the name of the view but at least be able to change the txt style and size but I cannot change it. I've already tried changing the annotation object styles (view title) line weight but it seems not working the txt did not change.

Am I missing something here?

JamesVan
2003-05-20, 01:13 PM
There are several things you are trying to do and several way of doing them. First, if you want to change the name of the title, just click on it once, then click on it again and you will be able to change the title. You could also right-click and select View Properties while in a floor plan, ceiling plan or other view. There are two parameters: View Name (what will display in the project browser) and Title on Sheet (what will display on the sheet).

Now, if you want to change the look of the view title, you can create a new Family and toggle between different view titles in the component pull down menu.

If you haven't done so already, go through the Tutorials under the Help menu, especially the one under Project Documents called Creating Drawings. They are very helpful.

Arnel Aguel
2003-05-20, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the reply James,

Your second suggestion is what I'm looking for, though I'm still not that well versed when it comes to creating families. I'll try to review the tutorial again.

JamesVan
2003-05-21, 01:25 PM
Arnel,

Here's one that I'm fond of, just to get you started in your customization efforts...

Arnel Aguel
2003-05-21, 02:45 PM
Thanks a lot James.

No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave - Calvin Coolidge

daniel.hurtubise70031
2004-11-08, 10:13 PM
Thanks a lot, i grabbed them to