PDA

View Full Version : C3D 2006 Version Code

jesse.71694
2005-09-16, 08:09 AM
Dear All,

Does any body know what is the version code of C3d 2006?

I am studying how to custom my VBA subassembly, and in the help file about "Tool Catalog Registry File", the version code use is [4.5], but [4.5] seems to be C3D 2005's version code?

Can anyone knowing anything about this? :confused:

Jesse Lee
Jessetek, Inc. in Taiwan

hingles
2005-09-26, 11:10 PM
Dear All,

Does any body know what is the version code of C3d 2006?

I am studying how to custom my VBA subassembly, and in the help file about "Tool Catalog Registry File", the version code use is [4.5], but [4.5] seems to be C3D 2005's version code?

Can anyone knowing anything about this? :confused:

Jesse Lee
Jessetek, Inc. in Taiwan

If one opens VBA manager/editor in Civil 3d 2006 the informations given is:

Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3
Version 9109 VBA:Retail 6.3.8863

jesse.71694
2005-09-27, 03:27 AM
Sorry, I am not mention about the VBA version.

Dose there anyone use VBA to create your custom subassembly? I read the help file and it says I should build a *.reg file to register an Autodesk subassembly tool catalog in the Windows registry.

But the register sample file says some register code as follow

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Content Browser\45]

I am not sure C3D 2006 use "45", because it is the same as C3D 2005......

Could any kind guy help me about this???

hingles
2005-09-27, 10:51 AM
The help file does indeed show the registry key value you have shown:

This sample tool catalog registry file is used to register an Autodesk subassembly tool catalog in the Windows registry.

Refer to the table following the code sample for descriptions of the various lines of code.

1. REGEDIT4

3. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Content Browser\45]

5. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Content Browser\45\RegisteredGroups]

7. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Autodesk Content Browser\45\RegisteredGroups\Roads Group]

8. "ItemID"="{5BD79109-BC69-41eb-9AC8-7E9CD469C8D3}"

9. "ItemName"="Roads Group" ......

What happens when you use the code as specified?
Does your tool catalog NOT register, or do you get some other error message not listed here? Is it possible that you have some 'other' error in the .reg file, like perhaps not using a unique GUID or the like?
With confidence that I will neither share or otherwise disclose your code to others perhaps you should forward to me for further review.

jesse.71694
2005-09-28, 02:53 AM
Thank you, hingles.

Actually, I haven't use my register file yet. Because I am not sure the question I ask above...

So according to your answer, I should not worry about the "45" in the register file? I am a rookie about the register file, so maybe that's a stupid question....I am sorry about this.

I will try to use my register file as the help file wrote, if I have any error message from the register file, then I will ask for your help again.

Thank you again!

Jesse Lee