PDA

View Full Version : IParts

robertb.65723
2005-09-19, 12:03 AM
When creating IParts can I have a dimension as a prompted entry/dimension. I've modeled a Lobster Back Bend as a single part and would like to be able to bring it into drawings in the future but dont know what sizes we will use. So rather than creating a spreadsheet with lots of nominal sizes, I would like to enter a diameter and a bend radius when inserting the IPart into an assembly.

DarrenYoung
2005-09-20, 01:56 PM
When creating IParts can I have a dimension as a prompted entry/dimension. I've modeled a Lobster Back Bend as a single part and would like to be able to bring it into drawings in the future but dont know what sizes we will use. So rather than creating a spreadsheet with lots of nominal sizes, I would like to enter a diameter and a bend radius when inserting the IPart into an assembly.

This should be possible although I haven't used i-Parts myself so couldn't describe the process for you.

chadwickt
2005-09-21, 08:08 PM

Hi Robert,
It can in fact be done.

While in the iPart Author dialog box, right click on the column you wish to control.
Choose "Custom Parameter Column"
Right click in the column again and choose "Specify Range for Column"
Enter minimum and maximum allowable values, or leave it set to infinity so that you can use any value you want.
Repeat this for each column.
When you place the part, it should prompt you for the values.

I hope that helps!
-Tracy