PDA

View Full Version : Copy/Monitor

Tom Weir
2005-09-21, 04:20 PM
Hi all,
I am beginning a Revit Structure project in which the architect is also modeling in Revit Building. I would like to take advantage of the new Copy/Monitor function after I link his model into mine.

The Help section says:
"The copy functionality copies grids, levels, and columns from a linked project into a host project. You can modify these copied elements."

When I go to an elevation view and copy the levels, I am expecting levels to be created but none are. When I copy the level by selecting it in the elevation view the level line and head are there, but in the Project Browser there is no level to access.

Anybody know what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

marie.olivares
2005-09-21, 05:38 PM
After copying the levels in the elevation view, you need to use View/New/Floor plan,and select the copied levels to see them available in the project browser.

- link Revit Building file
- go to elevation view
- activate copy/monitor
- select link
- Copy/multiple the architectural levels
- click on Finish button
- you'll get a "duplicate types" message, just click ok to ignore warning
- on each copied levels a blue eye icon will display
- click on Finish Mode button in design bar
- if you turn off linked rvt, you'll see your copied levels
- go to View/New/Floor plan and select the levels you want a floor plan cretaed from

There is also this useful copy/monitor option (in copy/monitor design bar / Options): being able to offset the levels while you copy them (to account for thickness of finishes that architect might have included in his levels)

Tom Weir
2005-09-21, 06:39 PM
Marie,
Thanks for the help. I will probably need lots more.....

Tom