PDA

View Full Version : Error message - Angle vertex measured as smooth - What does it mean?

hofe_design
2005-09-23, 09:03 AM
What does this error mean and how could i resolve it?

Please help me :(

Mike.Perry
2005-09-23, 09:50 AM
Hi

Are you using vanilla AutoCAD or a vertical Autodesk product?

+

Below comes via the Autodesk Discussion Groups "All Autodesk Mechanical Desktop Groups" -

Loft Error "Angle Vertex Measured As smooth" (http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=895168)

Have a good one, Mike

hofe_design
2005-09-23, 10:04 AM
Not sure as its a problem one of my friends has. He just needs to know what is causing the problem as it only happens when he trys to subtract from a solid. Some of his solids subtracts and others give him this message.

Mike.Perry
2005-09-23, 10:37 AM
Not sure as its a problem one of my friends has. He just needs to know what is causing the problem as it only happens when he trys to subtract from a solid. Some of his solids subtracts and others give him this message.Hi

Would be good to know which Autodesk product your friend is using, as it would most likely help the process of finding a "correct" answer, solution to the issue / problem.

Plus if need be I can then move this thread to a more appropriate forum where it might be better served.

Have a good one, Mike

hofe_design
2005-09-23, 10:43 AM
many thanks i will find out as soon as he gets back to me.

Cheers for your help so far...

Mike.Perry
2005-09-23, 10:48 AM
many thanks i will find out as soon as he gets back to me.

Cheers for your help so far...Hi Craig

No worries... please keep us updated of any information you find out, and good luck.

:beer: Mike

hofe_design
2005-09-23, 01:08 PM
My friend is using AutoCAD Mechanical.
Error he gets is as follows:

The boolean operation on solids failed
Modelling operation error:
Angle vertex measured as smooth

Is this enough info for you to find out something???

Mike.Perry
2005-09-23, 07:34 PM
My friend is using AutoCAD Mechanical.
Error he gets is as follows:

The boolean operation on solids failed
Modelling operation error:
Angle vertex measured as smooth

Is this enough info for you to find out something???Hi Craig (I hope I have it right this time, apologies for calling you Chris earlier)

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 3D (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190) forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Hopefully some here with AutoCAD Mechanical experience will be able to shed some more light onto the issue / problem...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

hofe_design
2005-09-26, 08:05 AM
many thanks

kennet.sjoberg
2005-09-26, 08:39 AM
Huge extensions mess up the display and calculation

1. Erase everything unnecessary in the 3D model file.

2. If necessary Move all objects closer to 0,0,0 WCS

3. If necessary Scale everything 0.001 from mm to M

You have to try, make a copy and play.

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet