PDA

View Full Version : Tags and Leaders

kmarsh
2005-09-27, 02:30 PM
Curious about Tags and Leaders. Look at (04208 Revit Structure 4.pdf) that is what i came up with for a beam tag in RS. (04208 Revit Structure 5.pdf) shows what I would normally put on my drawing (and I think what most structural engineers would like to see on their drawings...) I assume there is a way to fix this but would like to know how to get started. Has anybody written a professional looking beam/column tag object? Are these things user modifiable or do these things have to come from RSgroup?

I'd like to show RS to my bosses for purchase but if I show them tags like this and have to say that I don't know how to make it look normal. With these (sorry to say) somewhat obtuse beam tags and column tags (see previous post), they won't see the potential.

Also note that I have "vertical" checked on the properties page and (yes I applied it) the tag is quite horizontal...?

UPDATE: Ok, so I see some talk of these things as they apply to RB tagging issues. So what is the status of these things? are better tags coming? or, as I've asked above, is there a way to edit the tag objects? It's not that the tags don't work, it's that they don't look like tags used on structural plans (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but in 7 years, i haven't seen a structural plan with leaders looking like my pdf 4. Am I the only one that does leaders like pdf 5?)

Steve_Stafford
2005-09-27, 06:42 PM
The tags do seem a little buggy to me...switching from horizontal to vertical seems to have no effect. The option bar toggle for Vert/Horiz is inactive when a beam is selected while active for columns. I'm using RS1 at the moment...

You can create another version of the tag for vertical use by rotating the text (and box if you use it) 90 degrees. It will be have strangely to except that you'll be able to get the text oriented the way you want when a leader is applied.

The relationship of the leader line and the text remains limited.