PDA

View Full Version : Component pattern display gone?

paulbatt
2005-09-28, 04:28 AM
I have turned visibility off on a large pattern. After some editing of assy turned back on nothing diplayed tried the usual rebuild,save exit etc. No joy. When I right click to edit pattern display returns but disapears when OK in edit dialoge?
Any ideas
Inv 10pro win 2000 latest nvidia drivers
Paul Battersby
Autodesk Training Center Manager
Civil & Mechanical Engineering
TAFE SA Panorama Campus
621 Goodwood Rd
Panorama 5041
Adelaide Australia
ph 618 8207 2927
fax 618 8207 2906
email paul.battersby@dmit.sa.edu.au
http://www.dmiteng.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."
Derek Bok, the former President of Harvard

jonathan.landeros
2005-09-28, 01:39 PM
I have turned visibility off on a large pattern. After some editing of assy turned back on nothing diplayed tried the usual rebuild,save exit etc. No joy. When I right click to edit pattern display returns but disapears when OK in edit dialoge?
Any ideas
Inv 10pro win 2000 latest nvidia drivers
Paul Battersby
Autodesk Training Center Manager
Civil & Mechanical Engineering
TAFE SA Panorama Campus
621 Goodwood Rd
Panorama 5041
Adelaide Australia
ph 618 8207 2927
fax 618 8207 2906
email paul.battersby@dmit.sa.edu.au
http://www.dmiteng.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."
Derek Bok, the former President of Harvard

Is there any chance that the pattern might be visible, but the components below it have their visibility turned off? It's the only thing I can think of that might cause that. (see attached)

paulbatt
2005-09-29, 05:05 AM
jonathan
Had check elements of pattern all on? It seems to be related to design views a view that was created B4 I turned pattern off is showing pattern but other views not??

jonathan.landeros
2005-09-29, 05:28 AM
jonathan
Had check elements of pattern all on? It seems to be related to design views a view that was created B4 I turned pattern off is showing pattern but other views not??

I'm not sure I totally understand. I had the parent pattern turned on but selected the components beneath the pattern and turned them off.

A design view would also do it (I don't know I didn't think of that), but I just threw a design view together really quick, and I can control the visibility with design views. But I can turn them on and off at will (even unlocked).

Did you possibly do any copying of design views that may have 'stuck' the visibilty to other design views (what about restoring the design view 'None')