PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2006 Mechanical Service Pack

mikep.86877
2005-10-03, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know how to tell if they have a locked version or an unlocked version of AutoCAD? I tried the steps from Autodesk and this is the code I got
Z.54.10

When I did Acadver
ACADVER = "16.2s (LMS Tech)" (read only)

After doing all the steps from Autodesk I still do not have clue whether this is a locked or unlocked version. Also has anyone updated with Service pack 1? Trying to find out if there are more bugs or if it truly helps out. The main problem we're having is when we use Publish to plot DWFs it cuts off the right side of the page. I'm not satisfied with our reseller's response about updating the plotter file when that plotter file works fine with the plot command and our third party DWF converter. I've personally created over a 100 of these and they worked fine but now it cuts off the side. One of our other users started having the problem first and I told him he is not scaling the border correctly but now everyone has the problem (including myself the Acad admin).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

BrenBren
2005-10-03, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know how to tell if they have a locked version or an unlocked version of AutoCAD? I tried the steps from Autodesk and this is the code I got
Z.54.10

When I did Acadver

After doing all the steps from Autodesk I still do not have clue whether this is a locked or unlocked version. Also has anyone updated with Service pack 1? Trying to find out if there are more bugs or if it truly helps out. The main problem we're having is when we use Publish to plot DWFs it cuts off the right side of the page. I'm not satisfied with our reseller's response about updating the plotter file when that plotter file works fine with the plot command and our third party DWF converter. I've personally created over a 100 of these and they worked fine but now it cuts off the side. One of our other users started having the problem first and I told him he is not scaling the border correctly but now everyone has the problem (including myself the Acad admin).

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

Please check the notes on the page (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=5943531&linkID=4198948)with the service pack, specifically

For customers in United States & Canada: Unlike previous releases, most customers of AutoCAD 2006 based products will get the locked version of the software and need to install a locked version of service pack. You can determine which version of the software you have, by displaying the "Product Information" dialog, which is accessed from the menu "Product Information" - "About AutoCAD Mechanical" - "About AutoCAD" under Help.

robert.1.hall72202
2005-10-03, 01:14 PM
Z.54.10

When I did Acadver

Thanks,
Mike

To fix the dwf issue I had to download a dwf writer file from AutoDesk. I have to name it in my page setup as the default plot device in order to keep from losing the write side of the page. I do not actually have to plot with it......this is not so good on the part of AutoDesk.

mikep.86877
2005-10-04, 06:13 PM
Brenda,

That is what I was referencing when I stated I tried the steps from Autodesk and this is the code I got. Have you personally tried this? It could be my AutoCAD Mechanical 2006 works a little differently from yours. All I get is the version Z.54.10 and user info.

Thanks,
Mike

BrenBren
2005-10-04, 06:27 PM
Brenda,

That is what I was referencing when I stated I tried the steps from Autodesk and this is the code I got. Have you personally tried this? It could be my AutoCAD Mechanical 2006 works a little differently from yours. All I get is the version Z.54.10 and user info.

Thanks,
Mike
I was able to download and install it without a problem. Go to Help-->About AutoCAD Mechanical. Then click on the About AutoCAD link on the top right. Then click on the Product Information link on the top right. That should show you what version you need.

Kind of convoluted. FWIW, I downloaded the locked version and it worked fine. I did that because when I downloaded the unlocked version it didn't work... screwy, I know.

Good luck.

mikep.86877
2005-10-04, 11:29 PM
Thanks Brenda,

I wanted to make sure if I just downloaded the wrong one it wouldn't mess anything up and I could load the correct one. I did those steps before and all I could find was what version I'm running Z.54.10. In previous releases you could look that code up and find out what version you needed but I haven't been able to find anything on 2006.

Thanks again,
Mike

mikep.86877
2005-10-07, 06:43 PM
I tried the steps from Autodesk on a standalone version and it worked perfectly. My AutoCAD is a network version and the network versions do not tell if they are locked or not like the standalones do. They just state Network and not Standalone-Locked or Unlocked.
Autodesk really should address the Network versions on how to tell if they are locked or unlocked. I used the Locked Service pack and everything went fine. I was quite surprised that I didn't loose any of my customizations or Workspaces. My AutoCAD is highly customized with Lisp routines and an electrical custom made toolbar that has over forty Icons for electrical components and everyone came through fine without any SMILEY FACES!! Now I just have to find out if the Service pack took care of any of the issues we've been having.