PDA

View Full Version : Resize a plan title?

kmarsh
2005-10-04, 01:49 PM
Ok, so I linked a .DWG file from the architect and it was 2 or 3 times as wide as the actual plan. (They had all the plans side by each in there) So, I just linked it as opposed to going in and deleting out all the extra stuff, and I lined it up with my model. So what that does to the viewport is makes it huge, relative to the actual plan. This is a non-issue until you try to insert the plan view on a drawing sheet. You can see below that the plan underline tag stretches to cover the entire extent of the viewport, which causes it to run off of the page. (I tried turning on the clipping region to no avail.) Is there a way to resize the title underline without deleting the linked plan?

Tom Weir
2005-10-04, 02:16 PM
Hi,
Sounds like you have the crop region turned off. On the view control menu at the bottom left turn on the crop region and adjust its boundry down to the one plan you want to show. Then hide the boundry box.

Tom Weir
Los Angeles

david.kingham
2005-10-04, 02:43 PM
To answer your question, yes you can adjust the view title line, don't click on the title itself, click on the view, this will bring up the 'dots' to stretch it where you want, this is also how you can change the view title and number

kmarsh
2005-10-04, 03:10 PM
Good call David, Thanks again.

Sure enough, I was clicking on the line only hoping for some grips.

*eye roll*

thanks,
-ken

Oh, Tom, to answer your question, see attached pic. The cropping region doesn't seem to affect how long the title line is. However, clicking on the view in the "sheet" drawing as David suggested, allowed me to resize the title bar.

simon.david
2006-02-20, 09:12 PM
I found the cropping for a View on a plan
But does anybody know why you cant have the same fucntion on a schedule?

I've attached an image, I'm trying to spread a Graphic column schedule over several sheets, but to no avail. Cropping is on, just won't show up.

As always any suggestions will be tried out.

david.kingham
2006-02-20, 09:19 PM
You have a couple options to achieve that....

1. You can use a parameter to filter the schedule into the parts that fit a sheet.

2. You can split a schedule and move the split parts you don't want off the sheet. Duplicate the schedule, and on the next sheet, repeat that process. Continue in that vein with subsequent sheets.

simon.david
2006-02-20, 09:27 PM
I can do that if i make my own schedule but not if I am using the Graphic Schedule.
Unless I'm doing something wrong