PDA

View Full Version : favourite music software

jaberwok
2005-10-04, 10:11 PM
Do you have a favourite software for music playback?

I've just started using iTunes.

Ammon
2005-10-04, 10:21 PM

I've just started using iTunes.That's what I use. I like it. Though I'm not a real connoisseur on the matter. It just works the best for my needs.

J. Grouchy
2005-10-04, 11:13 PM
i have iTunes, it's pretty useful and nice...but i still have a soft spot for good old WinAMP with its myriad skins and functionality.

blads
2005-10-04, 11:19 PM
nope...I just use my 25+1 CD stacker which is just over 1 arm length's away...thankfully the remote close by :grin:

Brian Myers
2005-10-05, 12:36 AM
I'm still a WinAMP fan myself...

jaberwok
2005-10-05, 07:18 AM
nope...I just use my 25+1 CD stacker which is just over 1 arm length's away...thankfully the remote close by :grin:

You don't have a remote for the remote :shock:

Wanderer
2005-10-05, 01:30 PM

I've just started using iTunes.the only reason I use iTunes is because of my ipod... I also have apple's quicktime player for some reason, but, I prefer to use Music Match Jukebox, don't know if it's better, just what I'm used to.

CADKitty
2005-10-05, 03:05 PM
iTunes all the way! :mrgreen:

Wanderer
2005-10-05, 05:18 PM

I've just started using iTunes.Oh, John, I am going to move this from the CWC forum, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks!

jaberwok
2005-10-05, 06:06 PM
Oh, John, I am going to move this from the CWC forum, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks!

Thank you Melanie.

J. Grouchy
2005-10-05, 06:09 PM
Oh, John, I am going to move this from the CWC forum, as I believe it will be better served here. Thanks!
i don't really see why it's better served in a "CAD Management" forum since it's talking about music software. :screwy:

Wanderer
2005-10-05, 06:13 PM
i don't really see why it's better served in a "CAD Management" forum since it's talking about music software. CAD Management > Software (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117) sub-forum. It's about software.

J. Grouchy
2005-10-05, 06:18 PM
CAD Management > Software (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117) sub-forum. It's about software.
which is under the "CAD Management" heading.

whatever. :roll:

Wanderer
2005-10-05, 06:20 PM

whatever. :roll:If you don't think that General/Miscellaneous Software is a Management issue, please feel free to make suggestions for improvements in the Forum Feedback (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)area.

J. Grouchy
2005-10-05, 06:22 PM
If you don't think that General/Miscellaneous Software is a Management issue, please feel free to make suggestions for improvements in the Forum Feedback (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)area.
i suppose i just see the operative word as being "CAD". if, for some odd reason, i was looking to see what others had to say about their mp3 player software...it wouldn't be the first place i'd check. but i would likely do a search which would take me there anyway...so I suppose the category heading is not critical.

I still think it belongs in CWC...*ducks*

Glenn Pope
2005-10-05, 06:57 PM
I started using iTunes when I first came out for the PC. Loved it right off the bat. Then got my iPod and loved it even more.

Brian Myers
2005-10-05, 07:21 PM

whatever. :roll:

I suppose that depends on if you use the software at work or at home... personally, I use Music Match Jukebox at home! :razz:

mtlynn
2005-10-05, 07:25 PM
This belongs back in CWC because it has nothing to do with cad. Music and Cad really don't mix. I get real tired of subjects getting moved here and there. Yes some do need to get moved. Others don't.

Mike.Perry
2005-10-05, 07:47 PM
This belongs back in CWC because it has nothing to do with cad. Music and Cad really don't mix. I get real tired of subjects getting moved here and there. Yes some do need to get moved. Others don't.Hi "mlynn" (Sorry, I don't know your real name)

Thanks for your feedback.

Personally I think the Forum Moderators (AUGI volunteers) do an excellent job in keeping the forums organised and in good order.

Please also remember Forum Moderators are human, therefore the odd so called mistake may occur...

In future if you are not happy with a decision made by a Forum Moderator, please contact a Moderator directly in the first instance and voice your concern / opinion (as clearly stated in the AUGI Forum Guidelines (http://forums.augi.com/faq.php?faq=vb_augi)).

Thanks, Mike

ps If you would like to pursue this matter any further please contact me directly; I will respectfully not address this matter further here on the forums (as it is not the correct place for such discussion).

robert.1.hall72202
2005-10-06, 12:23 PM
Music Match Jukebox is pretty decent.....there are some versions of music match that also allow the burning of CDs. Tag some songs as favorites and later burn a cd that you can use on the go...........now that is handy.

Oh and a 25 disc changer is nothing compared to the 300 disc changer I am using.
Gave up the wirless transmitting and simply put my favorite cds on my pc in the opposite end of my house. My PC has over a 200 gig HD and I have to use it for something :mrgreen:

jaberwok
2005-10-06, 12:29 PM
I don't want skins.
I don't want random graphics.
I don't want to download unuseable "upgrades".
I do want to play music from CD or HD whilst working.
I do want to write to CD.

So far, iTunes seems pretty good to me.

Thanks for your opinions.

:beer:

Wanderer
2005-10-06, 03:27 PM
Music Match Jukebox is pretty decent.....there are some versions of music match that also allow the burning of CDs. Tag some songs as favorites and later burn a cd that you can use on the go...........now that is handy.

Oh and a 25 disc changer is nothing compared to the 300 disc changer I am using.
Gave up the wirless transmitting and simply put my favorite cds on my pc in the opposite end of my house. My PC has over a 200 gig HD and I have to use it for something :mrgreen:~nods~ i've been using jukebox for years for listening, ripping and burning. works for everything I need it to.

Wanderer
2005-10-06, 03:28 PM
I don't want skins.
I don't want random graphics.
I don't want to download unuseable "upgrades".
I do want to play music from CD or HD whilst working.
I do want to write to CD.

So far, iTunes seems pretty good to me.

Thanks for your opinions.

:beer:John, my only gripe with iTunes is that didn't seem all that easy/intuitive to me to add and remove files from the library. The playlist was easy enough if I recall though.

Have fun!

J. Grouchy
2005-10-06, 03:30 PM
John, my only gripe with iTunes is that didn't seem all that easy/intuitive to me to add and remove files from the library. The playlist was easy enough if I recall though.

Have fun!
i did have one monstrous issue with iTunes. somewhere along the way i did something that allowed iTunes to basically rename all of my files. the only way to change them back into the files structure i wanted was to manually change them all and move them back to the correct folders. it took several hours to get it back to my original system. :banghead: :banghead:

jaberwok
2005-10-06, 07:03 PM
i did have one monstrous issue with iTunes. somewhere along the way i did something that allowed iTunes to basically rename all of my files. the only way to change them back into the files structure i wanted was to manually change them all and move them back to the correct folders. it took several hours to get it back to my original system. :banghead: :banghead:

That I will bear in mind.
I did notice that some file names where misspelled but I don't know (yet) whether that came from the source material. I didn't see a quick way to rename them.

Wanderer
2005-10-06, 07:09 PM
That I will bear in mind.
I did notice that some file names where misspelled but I don't know (yet) whether that came from the source material. I didn't see a quick way to rename them.I don't know which bit exactly you want to change, so this might not help, but, right clicking on an entry (or selecting multiple entries and right-clicking) and select 'show info' and you should be able to to change them.

J. Grouchy
2005-10-06, 09:23 PM
If you don't think that General/Miscellaneous Software is a Management issue, please feel free to make suggestions for improvements in the Forum Feedback (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)area.
sorry to keep harping on this...but that's avoiding the issue.

it's not about feedback about the forum...but about this particular thread.
the forum description, however, leaves little doubt in my mind (see below).

and that's the last thing i'll say about it.

Mike.Perry
2005-10-06, 10:26 PM
sorry to keep harping on this...but that's avoiding the issue.

it's not about feedback about the forum...but about this particular thread.
the forum description, however, leaves little doubt in my mind (see below).

and that's the last thing i'll say about it.Hi Josh

Please see here and follow the advice given in that post ie.

Contact a Forum Moderator directly (via E-mail or PM) and voice your concern / opinion with them; please do not address it here on the forums.

Thanks, Mike