PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Block Radius Changes

bwenz
2005-10-07, 01:33 PM
I am trying to set up a Dynamic footing block that allows you to change the Diameter of the rebar. So far all I have been able to do is move the rebar around. I know I am missing something obvious. I have been through the block editor tutorial and it even shows a radius being changed. But it doesn't really show you how to accomplish this. A little help?

Steve_Bennett
2005-10-07, 04:07 PM
I'm going to move this over to the AutoCAD 2006 Dynamic Block forum as I feel this will be better served there.

Wanderer
2005-10-07, 04:47 PM
I am trying to set up a Dynamic footing block that allows you to change the Diameter of the rebar. So far all I have been able to do is move the rebar around. I know I am missing something obvious. I have been through the block editor tutorial and it even shows a radius being changed. But it doesn't really show you how to accomplish this. A little help?would you mind posting the block that you have so far and let us toy around with it a little bit?

bwenz
2005-10-07, 05:43 PM
Here is the block I have so far. As you can see it is very simple.

Thanks

Brent

Wanderer
2005-10-07, 05:44 PM
Here is the block I have so far. As you can see it is very simple.

Thanks

BrentGreat, thanks, I'll go take a peek at it.

bwenz
2005-10-07, 08:07 PM
Ok, I figured it out. It is simply a scale action on a linear parameter. Thanks anyway, This site is a life saver

Brent

Wanderer
2005-10-07, 08:12 PM
Ok, I figured it out. It is simply a scale action on a linear parameter. Thanks anyway, This site is a life saver

BrentThanks for posting back your solution! :) I'm sure someone will benefit from reading this ( i'm sure I include myself in that statement).

Rico
2005-10-12, 02:41 PM

Brent
You could also try a visibility parameter. It's another viable solution to the same problem.