PDA

View Full Version : Visibility in Dynamic Blocks

vzamora
2005-10-11, 09:04 PM
Hello All,

I created a simple block to check out the visibility parameter in dynamic block. The problem is when I insert it in my drawing and click the visibility parameter, I don't see the CHOICES. But when I open the property box and choose the visibility state it functions well. Any ideas? Thanks.

Rico
2005-10-12, 02:38 PM
Hello All,

I created a simple block to check out the visibility parameter in dynamic block. The problem is when I insert it in my drawing and click the visibility parameter, I don't see the CHOICES. But when I open the property box and choose the visibility state it functions well. Any ideas? Thanks.
Can you post a copy of the drawing? I have a feeling I know what it is but don't wanna give incorrect information. Having the drawing to fiddle with would help.

vzamora
2005-10-25, 12:17 AM
attached is a simple drawing. tnx for the help....

Rico
2005-10-25, 02:45 PM
attached is a simple drawing. tnx for the help.... well, i tried it out and your drawing is fine. If all you drew were circles do designate visibility parameters, then it's fine. All you have to do is left click on the block (once you are out of the block editor) and a small triangle will show up on the drawing space. Click the triangle and your visibility options will show up.

Opening the "Properties" tab once you have clicked the block and scrolling down to the "Custom" tab is another way to access the visibility parameters.

As far as I can tell, it worked fine for me. i have attached a picture that I hope helps ...

vzamora
2005-10-25, 08:55 PM
that's the problem, when I click the visibility button, the choices are not showing up. but on the properties "custom" it shows. is there a command that will turn on/off the visibility choices? tnx.

Rico
2005-10-25, 09:12 PM
that's the problem, when I click the visibility button, the choices are not showing up. but on the properties "custom" it shows. is there a command that will turn on/off the visibility choices? tnx.
There are 2 things that I can think of that might solve your problem:

1) Make sure that # of grips is set to 1. To do this, open your Block editor and click your visibility parameter. Go to your Properties window and check under the "Misc" tab for the # of grips option. Make sure this is set to "1". I'm almost 90% positive this might be what the problem is. It's what did it to me the first time I played with it.

2) Make sure that all the layers you are using in your block are not turned off or frozen

If those 2 things do not help, then let me know and I'll try to look for more in-depth info on visibility troubleshooting. But I'm pretty sure that idea #1 might be it. Keep me posted.

vzamora
2005-10-25, 09:23 PM
still the same.....

Rico
2005-10-25, 10:04 PM
still the same.....
I'm clear out of ideas .......... anyone else wanna give it a shot?

Mike.Perry
2005-10-25, 10:10 PM
Hi

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS1053365 - Dynamic Block Visibility States menu does not display (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?id=6038611&linkID=2475323&siteID=123112)

Have a good one, Mike

erutte
2005-11-03, 11:16 PM
Hey thanks guys.
I was having the same problem and was searching for an answer.
Unfortunately had not checked the Autodesk site - duh!.
But I knew someone would come up with the goods.

Cheers!
Ernst

pbrumberg
2005-12-20, 04:20 PM
That would be it! Thanks Mike.

Much appreciated,

Pete