PDA

View Full Version : Custom CUI and custom toolbar icons

kschultz
2005-10-13, 05:30 PM
I created a new workspace called "TEST" under "Land" After that I copied "Land" and "test" to a network drive and then I set up my Main & Enterprise. I then went into custom interface and transfer "TEST.cui" to my custom.cui. That went great. But my custom toolbar icons are all jacked.

So, If a group of us want to create company workspaces and toolbars and have them copied to a network drive, how do we go about doing this without the toolbars changing to clouds ? ????

Wanderer
2005-10-13, 07:05 PM
I created a new workspace called "TEST" under "Land" After that I copied "Land" and "test" to a network drive and then I set up my Main & Enterprise. I then went into custom interface and transfer "TEST.cui" to my custom.cui. That went great. But my custom toolbar icons are all jacked.

So, If a group of us want to create company workspaces and toolbars and have them copied to a network drive, how do we go about doing this without the toolbars changing to clouds ? ????kschultz, I would start by searching help and these forums for enterprise customization files and enterprise cui (http://forums.augi.com/search.php?searchid=303586)(respectively).
(don't forget when using 'search' on the forums, for short words bracket with *'s)

from help:

An enterprise CUI file typically stores customization information that is shared by many users but is controlled by a CAD manager. Enterprise CUI files make maintaining and modifying customization data easier for the individual responsible for controlling users’ drawing environments.

kschultz
2005-10-13, 07:58 PM
ok, no good.
I changed all paths back to "Standard". Now my icons are back. Is there any threads out there about how to create custom toolbars and have them be used my others and you can transfer into new releases of autoCAD?

Opie
2005-10-13, 08:44 PM
ok, no good.
I changed all paths back to "Standard". Now my icons are back. Is there any threads out there about how to create custom toolbars and have them be used my others and you can transfer into new releases of autoCAD?
Since toolbars are part of the CUI now you would need to share your cui and also have the icon bmp files in a place others have also pathed to in the support folders for AutoCAD.

RobertB
2005-10-13, 08:49 PM
Did you copy the resource dll when you copied the cui files up to the network?

kschultz
2005-10-14, 11:24 AM
No I didn't copy the Land.dll file. Didn't know I had to copy it also.

If a group of us set up all the custom toolbars and workspaces, what files do we need to copy over to a read only drive????

mcoffman
2005-10-14, 02:20 PM
You need to make sure that you're bmp button image files are located on the same (or another accessible) network location as your cui file. Then you need to go into your support file search path and add a path to that location so AutoCAD knows where to look for your images. A quick question for you, do your toolbars have all their functionality? If they do then this should resolve your problem, else something else may be going on...

MC

kschultz
2005-10-14, 02:34 PM
Yes my toolbars have their functionality.

Question for any one. After we create our custom toolbars and copy them to a network drive and set up paths, will our toolbar icons change to clouds&question marks?

Opie
2005-10-14, 03:25 PM
Yes my toolbars have their functionality.

Question for any one. After we create our custom toolbars and copy them to a network drive and set up paths, will our toolbar icons change to clouds&question marks?
They should only turn to those icons if the correct icons are not found within the support paths.