PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Desktop still around?

mckishen
2005-10-17, 04:51 PM
I thought MDT was being phased out. By the looks of the forum I assume this to be correct. Man, I was a user for quite some time and do miss the program; are all the MDT users converting over to Inventor?

aaronrumple
2005-10-17, 06:29 PM
I think it is still packaged in the Inventor Series (or was that Mechanical - the 2D version of Mechanical Desktop?)... But yes. Inventor is taking it's place.

jonathan.landeros
2005-10-17, 07:36 PM
I think it is still packaged in the Inventor Series (or was that Mechanical - the 2D version of Mechanical Desktop?)... But yes. Inventor is taking it's place.

Mechanical Desktop is still around, but it is now bundled with Inventor as part of the Series.

bmichell
2005-10-18, 08:05 PM
According to the people in the know at Autodesk, MDT will continue to be supported until the users indicate that MDT is no longer required. Autodesk has not announced any timeline for phasing out MDT.

beau-tech
2005-10-20, 05:46 PM
I tried Inventor and hated it! It is promoted as a easy 2d to 3d software. So you would think that a experienced MDT user would make the transition quickly. NOT!!

BrenBren
2005-10-20, 06:44 PM
I thought MDT was being phased out. By the looks of the forum I assume this to be correct. Man, I was a user for quite some time and do miss the program; are all the MDT users converting over to Inventor?
Inventor Series contains AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop and Inventor...

Comach
2005-11-06, 03:14 AM
I tried Inventor and hated it! It is promoted as a easy 2d to 3d software. So you would think that a experienced MDT user would make the transition quickly. NOT!!
I have recent experience of both Inventor and MDT. They are both very good packages, but I found that the Inventor was too restrictive and inflexible for anything other than mechanical application. The project I am charged with has adopted the MDT to meet the workflow reuirements of the engineering process, collaborative multi-discipline design and integration with other Autocad 3d packages. The company I work for now has a solution, the only company so far in its field that has actually succeeded; and many have tried; in implementing a cohesive 3d work strategy, that I may say works very well. This could only be achieved using the Mechanical Desktop.