PDA

View Full Version : Flat Pattern Dimension Delete Problems

bweir
2005-10-20, 04:09 PM
Any body have this happen to them???

I created a sheet metal part with a flat pattern view. I placed this view in a drawing and dimensioned it. Later I had to change the design of my sheet metal part at which time my flat pattern view in my part file became invalid. So I deleted it and created a new one. When I reopened my drawing file the flat pattern view from the drawing disappeared. Rightly so, I deleted it from the part file. The problem is the dimensions where left and I can't select them to delete them. I tried a little VBA to try to delete them but they don't appear in the DrawingDimensions collections. How can I get rid of these unassociated, unselectable dimensions?

DarrenYoung
2005-10-21, 02:23 PM
Not sure off the top of my head (I don't do a lot of drawings in Inventor, just parts & assemblies). But would it be easier to just recreate the drawing from scratch?

bweir
2005-10-21, 05:29 PM
A drawing from scratch would be easiest if this view was the only view and only sheet in the drawing. I've got four sheets in the drawing with multiple views on each.

I have found a solution although not perfect... I created another sheet, moved all views from the sheet with the malfunction to the blank sheet. I then deleted the malfunctioning sheet. I only had to redo a few annotations and such as I couldn't get them to move from one sheet to the other with the drag and drop.

This is the best time saving solution I could find other then starting the drawing over from scratch.