PDA

View Full Version : Inventor work in the Atlanta/East Cobb area of Georgia

greg.guillory
2005-10-20, 07:22 PM
I am a CAD designer with 12 years experience, I worked my first ten years as an mechanical designer, using AutoCAD. Most recently, I spent the last two years as an architectural designer. I am looking into going back to mechanical design, but working using 3D only. Earlier this week I attended a local users group meeting, where they showcased Inventor vs AutoCAD by comparing and contrasting how a part is built. I am very interested is pursuing a career using this software. I was wondering if anyone can give me a list of some of the firms that are using the software in the Atlanta/East Cobb area of Georgia. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Greg Guillory

Wanderer
2005-10-20, 08:49 PM
wondering if anyone can give me a list of some of the firms that are using the software in the Atlanta/East Cobb area of Georgia. not to be a bubble burster, but, I'd venture a guess that if anyone has a list of firms using such software, they wouldn't be able to distribute it due to privacy concerns.

one idea would be to contact one of the local resellers, tell them you've got questions, and ask if they think any of their customers would be willing to contact you and answer them for you. that way the customer decides whether or not to initiate contact. (i've been in that situation myself, and typically say, yes, but, I would be offended if my reseller or contractors gave out my company or anything without me saying to do it)

Good luck!