PDA

View Full Version : Lose changes?

patricks
2005-10-21, 03:23 PM
Whatever happened to the lose changes option in the file menu?

Many times I will have to open up a workset-enabled central project file, just for reference purposes (usually when verifying dimensions on shop drawings, or whatever reason after construction has already begun). Sometimes I may inadvertently create an element like a dimension, which becomes a borrowed element on the active workset, or some other object or view may end up borrowed under my name.

So when I want to close the file, I don't want to save any changes, but I also don't want to have my name stuck under any of the worksets. Is there any way to release worksets without publishing changes? I think that's what the Lose Changes command did, but I don't see it anymore.

sbrown
2005-10-21, 03:45 PM
Its gone. PIA. Now instead you either need to detach from central, or close your file, click don't save then don't relinguish. and then open again and click relinquish mine.

Steve_Stafford
2005-10-21, 05:03 PM
You should be able to just undo all the changes (using the Undo History pulldown) you might have made, then use Relinquish All Mine. If that doesn't work then you'll need to do what Scott said about closing etc.

patricks
2005-10-21, 07:25 PM
dang.. what a pain in the derriere :(