PDA

View Full Version : Other (selection sets)

gketter
2005-10-24, 07:03 PM
Make a button that would allow you to re-select highlighted items, if you accidentally clicked out of your previous selection set.

This would save me time by not having to re-select items.

jaberwok
2005-10-24, 07:06 PM
Make a button that would allow you to re-select highlighted items, if you accidentally clicked out of your previous selection set.

This would save me time by not having to re-select items.

P for Previous ?

timothyjturner
2005-10-25, 06:00 PM
How about a command that remembers and selects the last selection set of 2 or more objects that you last selected?

This would be useful for this reason, and if you need to modify a selection set more than once.

gketter
2005-10-25, 11:01 PM
Timothy,

P for previous does not work to re-select the items. If you began picking items you wanted to copy for example, before executing the copy command, then accidently clicked out of your selection set, P for previous does not re-select those items.
I have my intellimouse explorer thumb button set for escape, and sometimes I reach for my mouse after picking items to execute a command and accidently hit the esc. button and then loose my selection set. Does that make sense?

Gary

gketter
2005-10-25, 11:02 PM
Sorry, Timothy, I should have addressed that comment to John.

jaberwok
2005-10-26, 07:11 AM
Timothy,

P for previous does not work to re-select the items. If you began picking items you wanted to copy for example, before executing the copy command, then accidently clicked out of your selection set, P for previous does not re-select those items.
I have my intellimouse explorer thumb button set for escape, and sometimes I reach for my mouse after picking items to execute a command and accidently hit the esc. button and then loose my selection set. Does that make sense?

Gary

Ah. Sorry. You are building the selection set before starting a command (noun/verb) and escaping from the selection process.
If you work the other way (verb/noun selection) and escape from the command then "P" would be helpfull. BTW, working this way you can also select "L" for last - another thing you can't do using noun/verb selection.