PDA

View Full Version : Need a good book to learn Inventor 9 or 10!

Cosmic Traveller
2005-10-25, 06:59 PM
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a decent book explaining the basic techniques & principles of Autodesk Inventor 9 & 10! I am very new at it and have been using acad vanilla for the last 6 years! Appreciate any feedback on this one!
TIA
Paul

g_kenyon
2005-10-25, 07:39 PM
Autodesk Inventor 10 Essentials Plus is pretty straightforward. There is a disc of practise exercises included as well. Although I think that the tutorials that are included with inventor help are pretty good to get you started. Just be patient & above all remember that inventor IS NOT autocad.

jonathan.landeros
2005-10-25, 09:18 PM
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a decent book explaining the basic techniques & principles of Autodesk Inventor 9 & 10! I am very new at it and have been using acad vanilla for the last 6 years! Appreciate any feedback on this one!
TIA
Paul
I haven't seen one of these books in a while (since about Inventor R5.3 +/- one release), but the books by Randy Shih were pretty good. I've also read some books by Travis Jones, again it's been a while, and I've never seen his intro books (always used the more advanced stuff), but I always liked his books myself.

I'd definitely try to stick to R9 or later if you can. There were some pretty big changes between R8 and R9 that won't be covered in an R8 book.

Good luck!

Cosmic Traveller
2005-10-25, 11:16 PM
Thanks everybody! I will check out these books on line! Have a good one!

bmichell
2005-10-26, 11:47 AM
I got Inventor 9 Essentials Plus when I was using R9 and it really helped. I still refer to it even though I'm using R10. It's good for fundamentals and intermediate level information.

awarren
2005-10-26, 04:14 PM
What about the more advance stuff?

g_kenyon
2005-10-26, 07:53 PM
I've never seen any book on Inventor that went beyond intermediate level stuff. I guess we're all on our own to learn advanced concepts!

KellyR
2005-10-26, 07:57 PM
I would like to find a book on Vault, other than the one that we got at training.

andy.85276
2005-11-25, 04:58 PM
I purchased a book called 'Autodesk Inventor from the top' by Danial T. Banach
The book is useful and starts at the begining, I would recommend this for a beginner.
I think it is pointed towards version 8. This is an autodesk approved press.
I could do with another book myself for 10.