PDA

View Full Version : My work no longer in progress

dfriesen
2004-03-04, 06:56 PM
I posted this in another newsgroup, and was encouraged to bring it over here.
It's just a quick render using default settings. The model was built last summer, and, due to tight deadlines and lack of properly trained personnel, was exported to acad for the CD stage, much to my chagrine.

Kroke
2004-03-04, 07:28 PM
Daniel, thanks for posting.

This is a very fine model IMO. I was very impressed when I saw it in the t5 ng. Thank you for sharing with us!

Do you have any other shots of it?

~Kroke

gregcashen
2004-03-04, 07:47 PM
I agree. I didn't know if it was a Revit model or not though...

dfriesen
2004-03-04, 08:06 PM
I agree. I didn't know if it was a Revit model or not though...

Yup, it's done in Revit.

Here are some images after it was exported to dwg and rendered in 3DS, one with materials, and one just as massing.

Kroke
2004-03-04, 09:04 PM
Tell us how much fun it was exporting to Viz/Max to do material placement when you have time.

dfriesen
2004-03-04, 09:10 PM
Tell us how much fun it was exporting to Viz/Max to do material placement when you have time.

Sorry, can't entertain you with that - someone else did that part. :wink:

By the way, I like your tagline - cute!

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-03-04, 09:34 PM
Daniel,
Nice looking rendering and an ambitious model. Is that something up at Whistler?

dfriesen
2004-03-04, 09:39 PM
Daniel,
Nice looking rendering and an ambitious model. Is that something up at Whistler?

Hi Dimitri,
Yes, it's a hotel and train station, down the road across the highway from Creekside base.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-03-04, 10:09 PM
wonderful model! I love the design.

I too wonder how bad the transfer to viz was. I've been struggling with transfering myself.

Z.

Kroke
2004-03-04, 10:44 PM
The only way I've been able to do it is to export to .dwg, import into Rhinoceros, and tediously put everything on the right layers. While in Rhino, do a few more additions as far as modeling goes.

Then when I'm done I will have my roomate import that to Max and he get's to render it.

It's not too terrible, not like modeling a project from scratch, but it sure is a lot of work :(

dfriesen
2004-03-04, 10:55 PM
The only way I've been able to do it is to export to .dwg, import into Rhinoceros, and tediously put everything on the right layers. While in Rhino, do a few more additions as far as modeling goes.

Then when I'm done I will have my roomate import that to Max and he get's to render it.

It's not too terrible, not like modeling a project from scratch, but it sure is a lot of work :(

Are you guys talking about problems transfering from Revit to Max with materials, or just the actual geometry?

Kroke
2004-03-04, 11:57 PM
Are you guys talking about problems transfering from Revit to Max with materials, or just the actual geometry?

Material assignment, yes