PDA

View Full Version : Wish List, Grips

pmahany
2005-10-31, 03:33 PM
Description: In Civil 3D, I would like the option to restore the fuctionality of grips as it works in R14. The main features missing in 2006 is the cold grip setting with the shift select AND the escape key to cycle from hot to warm to cold to off. Ideally this could be options within the DDgrips command. This fuctionality is extremly important for the 3D work that I do and is one of the sticking points to implementing Civil 3D within our company.

How Used: This command is extensively used within my 3D constructions of large surfaces that are at the heart of the civil design process. Presently Modeling and Surface creation occurs in R14, Profiles, Drafting and Production in 2002 LDT, and drawing conversion and statistics in Civil 3D. Magnent snaps and that other stuff are woefully ineffective and inefficient. One of the sticking points is that R14 grips allow me to immediatly select and diferentiate between snaps within the drawing and xrefs. I currently use R14, 2002LDT, and Civil 3D interchangably and have data structures set up to exchange extenals as necessary. I would prefer not to do that.