PDA

View Full Version : Thread Data fails to Load (Cannot Thread)!

Cosmic Traveller
2005-11-01, 09:26 PM
Hello All! We are having trouble here trying to thread components on our Inventor 10 Parts! We get a message saying "Loading thread data spreadsheet"! But nothing happens. Not Thread Dialogue! Any ideas anyone!
TIA
Paul

jonathan.landeros
2005-11-02, 01:43 AM
Hello All! We are having trouble here trying to thread components on our Inventor 10 Parts! We get a message saying "Loading thread data spreadsheet"! But nothing happens. Not Thread Dialogue! Any ideas anyone!
TIA
Paul

Hmm, I haven't heard of this, so I don't know how much help I can be, but here's some thoughts.

Have there been any modifications to the thread.xls file that may have corrupted or deleted it?

Is your Anti-Virus scanning this file and possibly slowing the load time?

If you can find a good one (off another installation), and swap it out, this may fix it. Another option would be to run a repair install and see if that helps.

robertb.65723
2005-11-02, 03:47 AM
Another simple thought. Are you running Microsoft Excel?

Cosmic Traveller
2005-11-02, 04:32 PM
Thanks Robert & Jonathan! Looks like it might have had something to do with the "windows update" we ran prior to having this problem! We'll try a re-install on Microsoft Office!
Have a good one!
Paul

graeme.caunt
2005-11-11, 12:42 PM
We had that happen to one of our machines in. the way we fix it was reinstall Inventor, then it work fine.