PDA

View Full Version : Acad's Language Converter

pdstro
2005-11-07, 06:04 PM
Hello All,

I don't know if this would be the best place for this question, but here it goes.

We were trying to translate our drawings to Spanish and nothing seemed to work. It would say how many was selected but no texts found. I don't know if I'm doing this wrong or if I'm missing something to begin with.

Is there a program out there that we can use that's good?

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Wanderer
2005-11-07, 06:10 PM
Hello All,

I don't know if this would be the best place for this question, but here it goes.

We were trying to translate our drawings to Spanish and nothing seemed to work. It would say how many was selected but no texts found. I don't know if I'm doing this wrong or if I'm missing something to begin with.

Is there a program out there that we can use that's good?

Thanks for the help.

Paulare you saying that you are trying to use a language translator that comes with autocad?

looking in help, I see a reference to automatic language translation in macros? but that's the only piece of the help files that talk about translation

To develop menus that can be used with a non-English-language version of AutoCAD, precede each command or option with the underscore character (_). The underscore character allows the standard commands and options to be translated automatically.
To look for standalone software which will do this for you, I'd use google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-45,GGLD:en&q=language+translation+software&spell=1)to check them out.

I'll wait for someone else to chime in, we could move this from acad to the software forum, if it's confirmed that acad doesn't really support translation.
Thanks. :)

pdstro
2005-11-07, 06:25 PM
Yes, I am trying to use the translator that comes with AutoCAD. I forgot to mention that I am using MDT 5 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2000i.

It's under the Assist > Language > Language Converter... pulldown menu.

Wanderer
2005-11-07, 06:32 PM
Yes, I am trying to use the translator that comes with AutoCAD. I forgot to mention that I am using MDT 5 and AutoCAD Mechanical 2000i.

It's under the Assist > Language > Language Converter... pulldown menu.Wow, good, I was going to beat myself up for being so slow and not having heard of this. ;)

I'll move this from the General Autocad forum and hopefully you'll get a more-informed response. Thanks.