PDA

View Full Version : acad.mnu vs adt.mnu

AfricaAD
2005-11-10, 12:23 AM
We currently use ADT 2005 but mainly use the AutoCAD portion of it. I recently installed ADT 2006 to get familiar with it & to set it up before deploying it out to the rest of the firm. I loaded both the acad & the adt menu files. Now, I have 2 file pulldown menus, 2 edit, 2 pulldowns of the same type from both menu files. Which pullown from which menu would be better to keep?

Thanks!

RobertB
2005-11-10, 12:41 AM
You can correct me if I'm wrong, but the ADT profile, Out Of The Box, only loads the ADT.cui file. If you install ADT to add the "Run ADT as AutoCAD" shortcut, OOTB that profile loads the Acad.cui file.

So it really depends on what you need, but you can create workspaces to display whatever pulldowns you want.

Glenn Pope
2005-11-10, 12:47 AM
To add to what Robert said, and this is from what I can tell.

For the 2006 vertical products, Autodesk combined the basic AutoCAD menus with the verticals menus. Making one CUI with everything. So if your using ADT, you only need the ADT menu.

AfricaAD
2005-11-10, 05:40 PM
Once I create a customized workspace, in to order to make it default, all I need to do is load the customized menu file & unload the ADT & ACAD files? Can I set this as the enterprise file? How will this be affected if a user also creates their own customized workspaces?

Glenn Pope
2005-11-10, 06:43 PM
Once I create a customized workspace, in to order to make it default, all I need to do is load the customized menu file & unload the ADT & ACAD files? Can I set this as the enterprise file? How will this be affected if a user also creates their own customized workspaces?

Check out this thread
Notes on the philosophy of CUI (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=18955)

It may help answer your questions.

AfricaAD
2005-11-11, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info. It answered many questions. Time for testing!