PDA

View Full Version : Wall Style Clean and Creation Help

BCrouse
2005-11-16, 02:55 PM
I need help on the clean of Wall Styles and creation of Wall Styles. The attach file will show what I am trying to do. This foundation is used for Towhhouses that are attached. I need to create a wall style that just shows one side. Basically show a half a footing. I need to create another wall style that just shows a 5" step wall and a 4" ledge on one side.

I have created a 12" Wall Style that has a 4" ledge - 4" Stem Wall - 4" Ledge with footing.
I have created a 8" Wall Style that has a 4" Stem Wall - 4" Ledge with footing.
I have created a 8" Wall Style with footing.
I need to create a 9" Wall Style with a 5" Stem Wall - 4" Leadge to show just one side with footing.
I need to create a 12" Wall Style for a footing that show just one side.

Right now all the ledges and footings are at the same elevation.

If someone came help me to figure out how to accomplish all of this. I will be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to call me @ 908-204-4655.

Thank you,

Brad

arcadia_x27
2005-11-16, 05:17 PM
Brad,

Try creating your wall styles that are running into the foundation wall with their baselines in the exact center of the wall. Walls clean up along their baselines and with them in the exact center of the wall I think this will solve your problem. you've also given no heights to your wall components so that your footing is the same height as your wall. I dont know if this is intentional or just an oversight.

Look at the attached wall style that is beside the one you had in your drawing and let me know if that is what you're looking for. I want to be sure I'm understanding your wishes correctly before I start working more on it.

BCrouse
2005-11-16, 06:03 PM
Brad,

Try creating your wall styles that are running into the foundation wall with their baselines in the exact center of the wall. Walls clean up along their baselines and with them in the exact center of the wall I think this will solve your problem. you've also given no heights to your wall components so that your footing is the same height as your wall. I dont know if this is intentional or just an oversight.

Look at the attached wall style that is beside the one you had in your drawing and let me know if that is what you're looking for. I want to be sure I'm understanding your wishes correctly before I start working more on it.
Jason,

Thank you for your input. I will try moving the centerlines to the middle to see if it works. The reason that I have all the components with the same height is that our outside consultant may not be familiar working with components at different heights.. Would this cause anything not to work. But as I work on getting my next release of our template complete. All the walls will be done properly.

The sample wall style looks great. If you have any questions, please call me or e-mail me at bcrouse@pulte.com.

Thank you,

Brad