PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD Electrical - How it works

hpenza
2005-11-21, 12:27 PM
Dear people: Some days before i went to a an Autodesk presentation about autocad products in Montevideo-URUGUAY (South-America). I work at www.ute.com.uy doing Electrical schematics for protection systems with autocad LT 2000.
The presentation was made by and architect, not an electrical engineer. Then he did not know anything about schematics. It was very poor. We want to know opinions about Autocad electrical using IEC60617 standadarts. My boss want to evaluate if it's convenient or not to buy Autocad electrocal. I Have a trial but I haven't a tutorial. I want to do crossing references, cable schedule lists, IEC61346 tagging, set of drawings printing, revision managing (actual drawings and project drawings managing, approval, approved, as built version, and final intranet publishing. Blocks sharing. Cable labels lists printing with lables printer (Casio or others). terminal blocks assignemments and cross referencees between pages.
Model of relays managing. Changes of variables own of all of the set of drawings, like DC voltage, relay models, some pages that chenges in each substation, etc.
I need informaton about how to test that functions in Autocad Electrical and I need opinions of the users.
Please help me
Best regards:
Humberto Penza
Electrical engineer
EHV Protection systems designer
www.ute.com.uy

Mike.Perry
2005-11-21, 12:33 PM
Hi Humberto

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Electrical Wish List (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=289) forum to this one...

Why? - Your post is a general inquiry, question on the use of AutoCAD Electrical ( not a Wish List item ).
Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator