PDA

View Full Version : Cutting @ 45 degrees

BCrouse
2005-11-23, 03:57 PM
How do you show a wall that is cut @ 45 degrees? Please see the attachment. I want the dashed wall to stop at the intersect with out cleaning up. If it is by an End Cap. Can you please show me haow to do it?

Thank you,

Brad

arcadia_x27
2005-11-23, 04:20 PM
The 2 walls were slightly different in the way they intersected against the corner walls so I had to do 2 different endcaps. I just drew a polyline around the end of the wall to create the endcap. The trick is to make sure that you endcap starts and finishes at the same point on the wall. See the attached drawing

BCrouse
2005-11-23, 04:43 PM
The 2 walls were slightly different in the way they intersected against the corner walls so I had to do 2 different endcaps. I just drew a polyline around the end of the wall to create the endcap. The trick is to make sure that you endcap starts and finishes at the same point on the wall. See the attached drawing

i understand now.

Thank you very much!

Brad

cholmes
2005-11-23, 05:06 PM
Here's what I would do, which may be easier than endcaps. Since you have two different wall styles, you can give them different priorities. Give the optional wall a priority of 501 and leave the main wall at a 500. Now, reverse the main walls, so that the graph line is on the opposite side. The walls will clean up properly, but the main wall will continue through, since it's priority is higher (lower number)