PDA

View Full Version : Default Scale on ACAD Weld Symbols

jason.bondioli
2005-12-05, 05:48 PM
Does anybody know how to change the default scale on weld symbols in ACAD Mech 2006? They come in at .1" by default I would like them to be more around .04"

Mike.Perry
2005-12-05, 08:52 PM
Does anybody know how to change the default scale on weld symbols in ACAD Mech 2006? They come in at .1" by default I would like them to be more around .04"Hi

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

BrenBren
2005-12-06, 04:51 PM
Does anybody know how to change the default scale on weld symbols in ACAD Mech 2006? They come in at .1" by default I would like them to be more around .04"

Have you looked on the options screen, on the AM:Standard tab. Here you can set your drawing scale, which will scale the weld symbols to the appropriate scale.

jason.bondioli
2005-12-06, 08:44 PM
I did try this, however I believe the symbols are already coming in at the "correct" scale. However the correct scale is just to big for our needs, it is only the weld symbols that need to be adjusted, right now I am changing every one in the object properties dialog.

BrenBren
2005-12-06, 09:41 PM
I did try this, however I believe the symbols are already coming in at the "correct" scale. However the correct scale is just to big for our needs, it is only the weld symbols that need to be adjusted, right now I am changing every one in the object properties dialog.

hmmm... that I don't know. I just use the default and it seems to be OK for us. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

gtholmes44
2005-12-31, 04:36 PM
Don't have answer, just another question.
Would adjusting DIMSCALE have any effect on the weld symbols?
We have the same problem where I work and this was first suggestion from developer.
Also, what is the routine written? My developer thought possibly some sort of ARX tool, would this be correct?