PDA

View Full Version : Dview dysfunction, help

joeimage
2005-12-16, 08:18 PM
I am a 4th semester student in AutoCAD. I am doing rendering. My problem all started when I started cleaning back-up files off my pendrive and hard drive for more space. The camera, Distance, and zoom in Dview no longer work as they did. They have lost there gooey. The image dose not move smoothly as it would when in 3D orbit, it snaps blindly, unpredictably from one position to another.

Other symptoms are that it is happening on both the desk top & the notebook. Once I put the pendrive into the notebook it started there as well. When I took my notebook to school and pulled an earlier copy of the assignment off the school hard drive everything worked fine. When back at home with the same file on the notebook the same problem was back.

Also I reloaded my software and did a repair reload. Can you help me? Finals are due this coming Tuesday.

Frank Barron

Mike.Perry
2005-12-17, 01:09 AM
Hi

Have I got the following correct...

One copy of the drawing file is ok! ( "school hard drive" ) and another copy is not ( "pendrive" ).

If yes, I would first start with comparing the system variables between the two copies. The following post contains information on achieving that, if required...

RE: Selection Set Variable for Filter command

Have a good one, Mike

joeimage
2005-12-17, 04:16 AM
The ACADINFO
command did not function on this 2002 AutoCAD. I just opened a file/drw from last year which is unrelated to this drawing to see if it is the file or the software and the problem persists. It is the software. it has changed on both the notebook and desk top.

I am at a complete loss

Mike.Perry
2005-12-17, 09:51 PM
Hi

Strange, AcadInfo should work on AutoCAD 2002 ( I will take a look on Monday when I have access to AutoCAD 2002 ).

Did you try VARCOMP.DVB from DotSoft (http://www.dotsoft.com/freestuff.htm) ?

You could also try setting AutoCAD back to its "Default" profile.

If you require information on achieving the above, please take a look at this post ( RE: Start up error ).

Have a good one, Mike