PDA

View Full Version : Attributes not reading Visibility states correctly

Dwane Lindsey
2005-12-19, 06:33 PM
Ok, here's the situation...

I have a cubicle panel that I have setup with different vis states and an array that works just fine. I go to add an attribute that will read the vis state (panel length) by using a field. Here's where it gets funky. The first attribute works as in showing the vis state, but the rest do not. When I change the vis state, all I get is ##. Now it gets even funkier. When I stretch the panel to add additional panels, the attribute will actually multiply by the number of panels that have been arrayed when I do a regen. Of course, I only see this when looking at the first vis state.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm also trying to use a look-up that has the actual name that the client wants in the "pick-list". I've been getting the same results. The attached dwg does not have the look-up in it.

Thanks!!
Dwane

Dwane Lindsey
2005-12-20, 04:42 PM
Well, I re-did the block and took out all of the attributes that were trying to read the vis state and only put in one attribute for the visibility state. I figured that I'd probably be better off just leaving the attribute in it's position instead of having it move to be centered over each panel. I'm not sure that was the issue before, but I think in this instance, less is more.

This should be the tag-line for dynamic blocks....when in trouble, re-do it!

Dwane