PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Differences between computers

Rico
2005-12-19, 08:30 PM
I have a co-worker who inserted one of my Dynamic Blocks inhis drawing. All well and good except that it shows up in his drawing as a regular block.

Both of us are on AutoCAD2006 full blown. I made sure that there are no other blocks with the name in question in the drawing. Purged all non-used blocks to be sure there was no conflict. I checked the Windows Standard behaviour and ensured that "shortcut menu in drawing area" is picked on. But it still displays as a regular block.

Is there something I may have missed?

stephen.coff
2005-12-19, 08:48 PM
Max,
Funny you say this because i made a heap of blocks recently and then started playing with AutoCAD 2006 and saw the Dynamic function so started modifying the old ones to make life simpler. All has gone well, so i tried inserting them into the "tool palette" fine.
When i went to get them fron the tool palette and drop them on the page i found the same thing, normal looking block "What the". It had me stumped for a bit and very $@%# because i tried one and it worked well though it wasn't inserted through the tool palette, so i spent hours making a heap of them. Now i thought i had just wasted hours and got nowhere or atleast had to start all over again, not a happy vegimite.
After try to work out what had happened i realised that the palette was making the dynamic block a block on insertion so when i set the function to explode when inserted it worked fine. It did have me questioning if i had made the blocks correctly though ?

Regards

Stephen

robert.1.hall72202
2005-12-19, 09:39 PM
I have noticed that they do not work within some of my drawing files.
I have purged everything out, checked all block names, etc.

I can work around this ok, but I do have problems when I lend my blocks to
other users.

Mike.Perry
2005-12-19, 10:12 PM
Is there something I may have missed?Hi

Could it be the following...

ID: TP5567494 - Dynamic Blocks visibility grips (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=5567494&linkID=2475176&siteID=123112)

Have a good one, Mike

Rico
2005-12-20, 02:04 PM
Hi

Could it be the following...

ID: TP5567494 - Dynamic Blocks visibility grips (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=5567494&linkID=2475176&siteID=123112)

Have a good one, Mike
Good idea, but that's not what it is.

Is it possible that unless inserted as an individual block (as oppopsed to inserting it as an entire drawing entity, it does not work? I don't know. I found that when inserting it through the INSERT command, it did not work, but using DesignCentre (going into the "blocks" drop down and selecting the individual block) worked fine.