PDA

View Full Version : Stair reporting to make life easy for plan reviewers

christo4robin
2004-03-26, 01:32 AM
Conceptual question....

What is the best way to document rise/run of stairs on a permit set of drawings? I.e., make life easy for the plan reviewer to stamp my set "approved".

Typically I have dimensioned stairs in section for rise and run in the format X risers @ X inches = total rise and also Y treads @ y inches = total run.

This works great for straight run stairs, and not so well for winders, l shaped stairs, etc.

I started playing with the stair tag to see if I could use parametric information in tag format to give the code official all the info in a plan view tag. Hit some frustrations there, so I am wondering how all y'all (to paraphrase a Texan I know) handle this.

Cheers!

beegee
2004-03-26, 02:51 AM
For straight runs, we do it with a stair schedule picking up the key factors and also (with 6.0) add a formula for 2R + G ( Twice Riser plus Tread to fall within a range )

christo4robin
2004-03-26, 03:03 AM
Down under do you typically verify that tread is of a minimum dimension (here its 10" or greater for residential) or is that what the formula does?

beegee
2004-03-26, 03:07 AM
Down under do you typically verify that tread is of a minimum dimension (here its 10" or greater for residential) or is that what the formula does?

Yes, we verify that in the schedule as well - Going (read Tread ) Min 250 mm & Max 355 mm for Public Stairs.