PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grouping / UnGrouping in AutoCAD 2006

blaine.67000
2006-01-17, 06:48 PM
We recently switched from LT to AutoCAD 2006. Previously we had the "pkfstgroup" command set up as a keyboard shortcut "CTRL-G", the ungroup was "qkungroup" and was setup as "CTRL-B". And as still can be done, we used "CTRL-H" for toggling grouping on and off. We have lost this functionality and would like to get it back. Can anyone help with this?

We never did anything with names.

Blaine

jaberwok
2006-01-17, 07:37 PM
"pkfstgroup" is not an AutoCAD command name neither is "qkungroup".
Were you using a 3rd party add-on?
CTRL-B = Snap
CTRL-G = Grid
CTRL-H = Pickstyle

These can be changed in the menu but be aware that the new CUI editor makes changing menu items less than intuitive.

If you need to do this this forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209) should help.

blaine.67000
2006-01-17, 09:33 PM
No we were not using a 3rd party add on. What I want to know is what macro can I put into the CUI for the CTRL-G, and CTRL-B keyboard shortcuts to bypass having to enter group names.

purvisp
2006-01-17, 09:56 PM
Ctrl-A will group/ungroup items already in a group. Is that what you are looking for?

blaine.67000
2006-01-17, 10:11 PM
No, I am looking for the "code" to place in the line for the macro in the CUI for the keyboard shortcuts. I am using "CTRL-H" to turn grouping on and off.

Ok.. I just figured out the macro for grouping objects and not having to enter a name. I placed the following macro code for the group command and am using the keyboard short cut "CTRL-G" to run it:

^C^C_-group * *;

Now.. when I go to ungroup it wants a name. I have entered "*" as the group name when I created the group and it won't except that the explode or rename the group.

Mike.Perry
2006-01-18, 01:17 AM
Hi Blaine

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

rkmcswain
2006-01-18, 01:33 PM
No, I am looking for the "code" to place in the line for the macro in the CUI for the keyboard shortcuts. I am using "CTRL-H" to turn grouping on and off.

Group mode is determined by the sysvar PICKSTYLE.

1 or 3 = ON
0 or 2 = OFF