PDA

View Full Version : No Dynamic Anything

CADMama
2006-01-18, 04:20 PM
OK - so what happened?
No Bedit icon in the Standard Tool bar.
No Tools menu can be found to turn on in the pulldowns.
I tried to Customize a menu but the Bedit command does not even show up in the list.

So - what am I doing wrong here???
Here is what I found in the help menu but I cannot get anything unless I type in Bedit.

mk:@MSITStore:C:Program%20FilesAutodesk%20Architectural%20Desktop%202006Helpacad_acr.chm::/ac.mouse.gif Standard toolbar: mk:@MSITStore:C:Program%20FilesAutodesk%20Architectural%20Desktop%202006Helpacad_acr.chm::/online_art/BLOCKEDITOR.gif

mk:@MSITStore:C:Program%20FilesAutodesk%20Architectural%20Desktop%202006Helpacad_acr.chm::/ac.cmdaccess_blank.gif Shortcut menu: Select a block reference. Right-click in the drawing area. Click Block Editor.

mk:@MSITStore:C:Program%20FilesAutodesk%20Architectural%20Desktop%202006Helpacad_acr.chm::/ac.mouse.gif Tools menu: Block Editor

mk:@MSITStore:C:Program%20FilesAutodesk%20Architectural%20Desktop%202006Helpacad_acr.chm::/ac.keyboard.gif Command line: bedit

CADMama
2006-01-18, 04:21 PM
Poop - so the stuff from the help file does not show up well here.
You can find what I TRIED to put in uncer BEDIT Command in the help file.
Sorry.
CADMama

Opie
2006-01-18, 04:32 PM
CADMama, I am confused. What are you trying to do?

CADMama
2006-01-18, 04:35 PM
CADMama, I am confused. What are you trying to do?
OK - let me say one more thing - I have ADT 2006 and the BEDIT command does not show up when I go to get it and try to customize my CUI.
The Tools pulldown menu is not there either.
Is this an ADT thing? Is this a menuload thing? Where the heck can I get the Tools menu item and the BEDIT command in the CUI?
I can type it in but I need it to use for a class I have coming up and not everyone is into typing in things like I am.

Opie
2006-01-18, 04:39 PM
Have you looked in the Shortcut Menus portion? I found the BEDIT command under the Block Reference Objects Menu.

Do you not have it showing up in the command list?

CADMama
2006-01-18, 05:14 PM
Have you looked in the Shortcut Menus portion? I found the BEDIT command under the Block Reference Objects Menu.
Nope - not there

Do you not have it showing up in the command list?
Not there either.

Do I have to load the acad.cui? I am using ADT 2006.

Opie
2006-01-18, 05:21 PM
You may need to. I don't have ADT (or any other vertical). This should probably be in the CUI Menu forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209). You would most likely get more help for this problem there. ;)

CADMama
2006-01-18, 06:16 PM
You may need to. I don't have ADT (or any other vertical). This should probably be in the CUI Menu forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209). You would most likely get more help for this problem there. ;)
OK - so a different workspace - then cuiload to get the acad.cui in there - and I have it. I also have two Standard toolbars so I had to decide what I wanted to do with one of them.
Anyway - I have it set now and I can see what I wanted to have.

Chris.N
2006-01-18, 07:07 PM
Poop - so the stuff from the help file does not show up well here.
You can find what I TRIED to put in uncer BEDIT Command in the help file.
Sorry.
CADMamaADT??!? what happened to Revit-ing?

CADMama
2006-01-18, 07:17 PM
ADT??!? what happened to Revit-ing?
My job title is Application Engineer for Building Solutions - this means ADT AND Revit!

Mike.Perry
2006-01-19, 04:44 AM
Hi CADMama

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2006 Dynamic Blocks (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198) forum to this one...

Why? - This is a CUI issue, not a Dynamic Block one.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

rmoore
2006-01-19, 03:18 PM
Here is how I find where commands are located within the menus using the CUI command:

1.) After typing the CUI command to access the dialog box, position the cursor in the "Command List" area and right click. Select "Find" . (see picture "Find_1.jpg")

2.) This brings up another dialog box where you can enter the command you are looking for in the "find what" area and select the "Find Next" button. (see picture "Find_2.jpg")

3.) If the command you are looking for is in the command list, it will become highlighted. Select close in the dialog box. Right click again in the Command List area and select find. (see picture "Find_3.jpg")

4.) This will bring up the same dialog box, but now the "Find Selected Command" button is active. (See picture "Find_4.jpg")

5.) Click the "Find Selected Command" button and the location of that command will be displayed in the "Customization" area of the CUI dialog box. (See picture "Find_5.jpg")

I hope this helps you find your command.

Sincerely,