PDA

View Full Version : Footing Linework not hidden automatically (was Brain Fart)

rmcelvain.103137
2006-01-18, 10:43 PM
I'm having a bad moment here and can't kick the memory in gear......I know I've seen that you are able to have the footing linework automatically show up as hidden lines in plan view but I can't seem to do the right thing (or it's just not working?).....I went into the object styles and changed the Structural Foundations (I tried the main and both subs) to hidden. When I changed the main, the footings showed up as hidden in my 3d view but still not the plan view??

Any insights? I'm tired now!!!
Thanks

david_peterson
2006-01-18, 11:12 PM
From the view you want to see them in you need to change the view visibility "VV" to hidden. I think you can also set them in the visibility Graphics "vg" so they alway display hidden, but that would mean that they would display hidden in section as well. (I think)

Paul Andersen
2006-01-19, 11:14 AM
Rick, You may want to check your view range. We generally set the cut plane above the slab on grade for most foundation plans. This produces a plan that has dashed/hidden foundation lines under the slab and solid lines everywhere else when you set the Model Graphics Style to Hidden. The key to making this work is to set the Bottom value of your view range below the top of your lowest footing.

rmcelvain.103137
2006-01-20, 02:53 AM
David and Paul,

Thanks for the tips, I used a combination of the 2. David you were correct about the sections so it was better to do it just in the view I wanted. I also needed to modify the view range settings that Paul mentioned.

Thanks again!