PDA

View Full Version : Titleblock will not insert

Tom Weir
2006-01-19, 06:14 PM
Hi all,
I am trying to insert an Autocad 2006 title sheet from our architect into my Revit titleblock file, but without success. It cannot find the ceneter of geometry. I have tried all the different options for insertion.
I have had difficulties in the past with this but usually get it done. As a consulting firm I have 50-100 different companies sending me title sheets, and so I have to be able to make it work.
Wondering if someone else might have success... I have attached the title block, and hope somone else might give it a try.

Thanks.

Tom Weir

rmcelvain.103137
2006-01-20, 02:50 AM
Tom,

I'll give it a try over the weekend, could you send the DWG file along as well. It might be something to do with that part of the file??

Tom Weir
2006-01-20, 03:53 PM
OOPS I should have included that file yesterday. It's attached herer.
Thanks for your help.

Tom

rmcelvain.103137
2006-01-24, 04:35 PM
Tom,

Sorry for not getting to it this weekend, but the good news is that I found the problem. There was a block residing in the layout tab that was causing the problem. I deleted the layout and purged the block out of the drawing. The other thing I did was to delete that huge polyline in the model space portion of the drawing. After that it works just fine....

Let me know if you can't reproduce the results...

Tom Weir
2006-01-24, 04:48 PM
YEEEHAAA.....You made my day!

It was the old adcadd_ZZ invisible block (left over from the Softdesk days) in paperspace! Like you said once I purged that out it inserted just fine into RS. I am going to forward this info to the RS developers.

Thanks and have a great day....

Tom