PDA

View Full Version : Publish to plotter losing drawing data

tplancon
2006-01-23, 05:00 PM
Hi all,

We're running 2005 and have run into this issue. When publishing a sheet set to an OCE TDS600 plotter as a batch each sheet comes out only partially plotted. On one sheet text and leader arrows will appear but nothing else, on the next sheet wall lines and dimlines will appear but nothing else. It changes arbitrarily from sheet to sheet. However, if the same sheets are published to the plotter individually they come out fine! It only occurs during a batch publish process. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wanderer
2006-01-23, 05:49 PM
Hi all,

We're running 2005 and have run into this issue. When publishing a sheet set to an OCE TDS600 plotter as a batch each sheet comes out only partially plotted. On one sheet text and leader arrows will appear but nothing else, on the next sheet wall lines and dimlines will appear but nothing else. It changes arbitrarily from sheet to sheet. However, if the same sheets are published to the plotter individually they come out fine! It only occurs during a batch publish process. Any suggestions?

Thanks!The only time I have experienced behaviour like this (was using an hp650) was when I queued up a few drawings in the plotter... turns out it just didn't have enough memory and was dropping bits of each file. Never had a problem after putting additional memory into it. don't know if it's the same type of cause you're experiencing, but, worth a think...

jgrande26
2006-12-08, 06:18 PM
I've had similar things happen to me and it was usually a communication problem between the computer and the plotter. For example, if I turned the plotter on and sent the print job before the plotter was finished initializing. But then it sometimes happened for no apparent reason.
Or your plotter may not have enough memory to handel a large batch of drawings and is dropping data. I recently upgraded my plotter's memory and have not encountered any problems since.