PDA

View Full Version : How to win Executive Management Support for Facility Automation - AU 2005

mark.mccausland
2006-01-27, 01:41 PM
At the above named lecture a statement was made about the relationship between employee performance and morale and cutbacks in Facilities Management budget. Does any one know of any studies on this that could be accessed or the name of the instructor of the above named session? I work for the Facilities Management Department keeping up their drawings, etc. and they are looking at some major budget cuts. I would like to be able to give the Department head some ammunition to go into their budget talks with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be one of the cuts!!

Thanks,
Mark McCausland
mark.mccausland@navy.mil

Mike.Perry
2006-02-01, 10:57 PM
Hi Mark

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the ASK the BOD (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167) forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Brian Myers
2006-02-02, 12:51 AM
Sure,

The presenter was Chris Keller
His email: cdk@ids-ddpc.com

According to a page in Autodesk you might not be able to access:

Chris Keller, Primary Speaker
Chris is a recovering and reformed architect. He has worked with CAD systems since 1983 and has been implementing FM Automation for more than 15 years. In 1988 while setting up a CAD System, Chris perceived the need for implementation services to help integrate CAD with business and business with CAD. In 1993 Chris formed Integrated Data Solutions, a consulting firm specializing in the synthesis of FM, technology, and Business Process.

Mike.Perry
2006-02-02, 01:01 AM
The presenter was Chris Keller
His email: <Email Address Removed>Hi Brian

Do you really think it's a good idea to post someone else's email address in a public forum without first obtaining their permission ( apologies if you have already done soon ).

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator.

Brian Myers
2006-02-02, 01:08 AM
Hi Brian

Do you really think it's a good idea to post someone else's email address in a public forum without first obtaining their permission ( apologies if you have already done soon ).

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator.

Actually, Autodesk themselves posted it in a public forum (I don't have any ultra-high security privelages at Autodesk, I just have 3 register copies of their software ;-) )and anyone that attended his lecture at AU could get to the info. If it was secret I would have simply emailed it... but I understand your concern!

(Plus it's his business email address and not his personal one... he actually answers questions like the one asked above for his consulting company via that email addy...)

Mike.Perry
2006-02-02, 01:19 AM
Actually, Autodesk themselves posted it in a public forum (I don't have any ultra-high security privelages at Autodesk, I just have 3 register copies of their software ;-) )and anyone that attended his lecture at AU could get to the info. If it was secret I would have simply emailed it... but I understand your concern!Hi Brian

I am not going to argue with you here; below are some points to consider - you can then decide yourself if you are happy posting someone else's personally information on AUGI.com without their direct permission...

* If Autodesk posts it in a public forum, does it suddenly make it right to post it somewhere else.
* Maybe Autodesk have Chris Keller's permission to post it where they did.
* My only concern is what occurs within AUGI.com ( not outside ).
* Chris Keller would have made the decision himself to make it available to people attending his lecture at AU 2005.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Brian Myers
2006-02-02, 01:37 AM
It's up to you, but I'm happy with it. As long as the 7 FM people in AUGI don't swamp him with questions I think we'll be fine. j/k ;)

Wanderer
2006-02-02, 03:48 PM
It's up to you, but I'm happy with it. As long as the 7 FM people in AUGI don't swamp him with questions I think we'll be fine. j/k ;)I think you're overestimating there. ;)

Mark, this was a really great topic, and I'm glad it was chosen for a class this year. You might have some luck finding a little bit of ammo on the FM discussion group (http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=372506)on autodesk's site. Specifically the bit from a past au presentation talking about building cost vs maint costs.

Mike.Perry
2006-02-02, 10:00 PM
It's up to you, but I'm happy with it.Hi Brian

Below is a copy of an email I received back from Chris Keller...

Thank you Mike, for your concern and effort.
I have no problem with the posting and I really appreciate your responses.
Feel free to leave the posting. I have no problem speaking to all who have an interest in my presentation.
Regards,
ChrisThanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Wanderer
2006-09-09, 10:54 PM
Hi, I am going to move this thread from the CAD Management General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119)forum to this one, as I believe it will be better suited here. Thanks.

At the above named lecture a statement was made about the relationship between employee performance and morale and cutbacks in Facilities Management budget. Does any one know of any studies on this that could be accessed or the name of the instructor of the above named session? I work for the Facilities Management Department keeping up their drawings, etc. and they are looking at some major budget cuts. I would like to be able to give the Department head some ammunition to go into their budget talks with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to be one of the cuts!!

Thanks,
Mark McCausland
mark.mccausland@navy.mil