PDA

View Full Version : hello from Evanston

amelsky
2006-01-29, 11:03 PM
Hi all,
I'm from Evanston IL, an architect with a single person practice, (residential remodeling and additions), just purchased a Revit seat, moving up from Autocad 2000. Never did 3D drawings before of any kind, so I assumed transition to either Revit or ADT would be about the same. Hope I haven't made the wrong choice. At the moment I'm feeling quite overwhelmed. And to my dismay, can't find Revit drafting help in the Chicagoland area, (everybody seems to use ADT). That could be a major problem down the line for a one person office.

On the positive side, the gentleman who introduced me to Revit, (Mel Persin), is quite an authority with the program. Mel has been incredibly helpful. Since he lives a few block from my home/office he has developed two separate models for me while I was using the Revit trial program. Seeing my client's reaction to the presentation convinced me to make the leap. I find it's actually fun working in this new format, (so long as I have Mel by my side)

One of these days I hope to cut loose and truly be on my own. Would like to hear from other single practitioners re: how they worked around the labor situation and your own trials and tribulations

Thanks,
Alan Melsky

Steve_Bennett
2006-01-30, 10:29 AM
Hello & welcome to AUGI! I would highly recommend making a post in the revit forums as I know many there would love to help answer your question re: single practitioner.

Wanderer
2006-01-31, 05:59 PM
Hello & welcome to AUGI! I would highly recommend making a post in the revit forums (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)as I know many there would love to help answer your question re: single practitioner.Hello and welcome! You've come to the right place for Revit assistance, the best of the best hang out here... don't be afraid to ask any question, there's always someone willing to help.