PDA

View Full Version : Underlay - visibility, linework, plotting

dbaldacchino
2006-01-31, 09:47 PM
Is there a way to globally change (the whole view) the way underlays display on screen? How about the lineweight and style that they display and print with? I know you can use the linework tool, but it's not an option to change an entire building underlay line by line. Thanks.

aaronrumple
2006-01-31, 09:56 PM
No. This feature was patterned after good old ClearPrint 1000H. It simply throws a "sheet" of paper over your underlay and screens it 50%.

You can probably stack different views on the sheet to get the result you are after.

dbaldacchino
2006-01-31, 10:22 PM
Bummer....I just want to screen it further in the view or change the linetype because when plotted, you can't see much difference between the actual level and the underlay. It would be really nice to have an object style dedicated to underlays.

I guess the workaround you're suggesting would work best by making a view template and set everything to a certain lineweight and linetype and then applying it. Unfortunately there is no send to back or bring to front option when putting two views over each other in a sheet. It's a little more work than I was expecting :/

Thanks Aaron!

dhurtubise
2006-01-31, 10:28 PM
When you stack sheet on top of each other they are placed in the order you do it. Kindda control the order.

dbaldacchino
2006-01-31, 11:38 PM
Gotcha. I still want an object style for Underlays :)

dhurtubise
2006-02-01, 12:45 AM
Gotta agree with that one.