PDA

View Full Version : Workset Issue not Allowing me to open file

sfraney
2006-02-08, 12:02 AM
Hi guys,,

I just received a revit file from another office and tried to open it. It says the file has been saved by another user and for me to change my user name to open it? I can open the file but simply can not edit anything.

I really don't want to change my comuter's user name just to open this file. Any suggestions? Is there a way I can resave it as something else and then open it? Need some help. Thanks.

sfraney
2006-02-08, 12:53 AM
Can anyone help me with this one? I know there's some way to resave this file even though the I'm locked out of the central file (the worksets haven't been relinquished), I just cant remember how to do it.

kbc
2006-02-08, 01:52 AM
File/Open, select file,bottom righthand corner check detach from central then open.

sfraney
2006-02-08, 01:53 AM
Just replying to my second reply. Maybe someone can help me here.

I was able to create another central file from the original central file. Following this, I was under the impression that when one creates a duplicate central file from the original central file, all and any worksets that wern't editable in the original central file WOULD NOW BE EDITABLE. Apparantely this is not the case because all "user created" files are still locked to the original user name. I'm loosing time here, please help.

sfraney
2006-02-08, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not getting that "detach from central" choice in 8.0, is it an 8.1 feature?

kbc
2006-02-08, 02:01 AM
Thats correct new to 8.1. very handy! Sorry can't help beyond that.

Scott D Davis
2006-02-08, 02:01 AM
yes, its an 8.1 feature.

sohocad
2006-02-08, 02:22 AM
go to Setting -> Option and change the Username then open the file....

sbrown
2006-02-08, 01:53 PM
You have to change your user name to the name it wants, then create your new central, then relinquish all the stuff that user didn't check in. Then STC, and create your new local using your name.

Now first question, are you hoping to be able to save your changes to the original central file from where this came from. If so, you won't be able to. YOu would have to ask the person who sent you the file to first relinguish, then send you the file and they would not be working on the file(at least not the same worksets you are working on)