PDA

View Full Version : Field gives me square units (meters), but I need hectare (=Sq.Meters/.0001)

pgastelum77763
2006-02-15, 04:51 PM
Ok i have a field that is giving me square units (meters) and i need to show hectare (=Sq.Meters/.0001). The fields have a sq.Ft.

Is there a field or a units change that i can change. or maybe a lisp routine that works well. i have about 80 areas that i need to change and i don't really want to change them on the calculator and then type them out for each text box.

Really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Opie
2006-02-15, 06:37 PM
Ok i have a field that is giving me square units (meters) and i need to show hectare (=Sq.Meters/.0001). The fields have a sq.Ft.

Is there a field or a units change that i can change. or maybe a lisp routine that works well. i have about 80 areas that i need to change and i don't really want to change them on the calculator and then type them out for each text box.

Really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
You can place a formula into a field. Within the field command, first select the Objects field category. Then select the formula option. In the formula box (lower middle right side), right click to insert another field. Within the new field you would select the object you want to get the area from. Press OK to return to the original field dialog box to continue with the formula.

HTH

Opie
2006-02-15, 07:49 PM
Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Autolisp Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks,

Richard
Forum Moderator

RobertB
2006-02-16, 04:37 AM
Note that is only available in 2006 or later. 2005 did not have that option.

jakob_k
2006-02-16, 07:58 PM
hi,
try this as a different option (possibly in a lisp routine)

(print (cvunit 10000 "centares" "hectares"))

in your routine substitute a user variable for the 10000.
(a centare is a square meter)

karl

pgastelum77763
2006-02-21, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys I used my co-worker's 2006 version and it was just a matter of modifying the fields.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Opie
2006-02-21, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys I used my co-worker's 2006 version and it was just a matter of modifying the fields.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Good to hear you got it working. Thanks for posting back. ;)