PDA

View Full Version : Another challenge... downcomer with bend

Teun Ham
2006-02-16, 01:02 PM
To all,

I have created a DB of a downcomer with a bend by using a Multi-line. The only thing missing in this DB are two lines which represents the division-lines of the seperate pipes.

Open the dwg and drag the bottom right grip, you will see instantly which lines need to be included in the DB. I have tried to rotate and scale the lines to no avail...

Who can help???

Teun Ham
2006-02-16, 03:44 PM
Another thing concerning the Multi-lines:

I want to scale the Multilines so I can have a 4" or 3" downcomer. The easiest way is to change the property of the Multi-line by setting the "Mline scale".

Is there any way to do this in a Dynamic Block?

Otherwise I will have to create several visibility states (one for each downcomer size).

Thanks!

Teun Ham
2006-02-22, 01:05 PM
No solutions at all?

Or am I asking too much again? <g>

Chris.N
2006-02-22, 01:08 PM
Sorry T, myself hasn't gotten a chance to even peek at it, and now am under the gun again in office..... i promise to look when able. Keep us posted in the meantime! ;)

esdeyo
2006-02-23, 04:04 PM
To all,

I have created a DB of a downcomer with a bend by using a Multi-line. The only thing missing in this DB are two lines which represents the division-lines of the seperate pipes.

Open the dwg and drag the bottom right grip, you will see instantly which lines need to be included in the DB. I have tried to rotate and scale the lines to no avail...

Who can help???

I made a new mline defenition to display joints. see attached drawing.

Teun Ham
2006-02-24, 09:22 AM
Wow, I have learned something new today :-)

That custom Mline definition is exactly what I need! Thanks!

You wouldn't have a solution for my second issue? (I think I will create several custom Mline definitions (one for each downcomer size) and have several Visibility states).

Thanks again!!!

esdeyo
2006-02-24, 07:38 PM
Reading over your original post, I don't see a second issue. But, then again, my wife tells me that I don't communicate well.

I tink visibility states would be the only way to go on the multiline differences.

Teun Ham
2006-02-24, 07:43 PM
The second issue is in my second post :-)

I was trying to scale the Multiline (by trying to change the Mline Scale), but it looks like you can't change a property with a scale/stretch action. But I have create 6 different Mline Styles (one for each downcomer size that we use).

Cheers!