PDA

View Full Version : C3D saving

eckdahlrd
2006-02-16, 04:34 PM
I've been having problems the last couple days saving. C3D seems to freeze up durring the second save (or autosave). Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if it could be the file, the software or the computer!

Help?

hingles
2006-02-16, 10:20 PM
I would start with the hardware, as C3D is very hardware intensive. Also I would be wary of relying on the autosave to save, as there will be times the app will crash and the recover file wont be of any use at all.

eckdahlrd
2006-02-20, 03:14 PM
I doubt it is really the hardware. The file has since stopped acting this way, and is very small (now it's up to a whopping 3MB).

Just another episode of Unsolved Mysteries

T-Towntech
2006-02-22, 03:24 PM
I've just learned to expect the crashes. A few weeks ago I spent the whole day trying to save a file or recover it . All I can say is "grin and bear it"

eckdahlrd
2006-02-22, 03:28 PM
I understand that there are the typical crashes, but this has is actually in a pattern (not just random crashing). Furthermore, in the last couple days...it stopped crashing!

Knock on wood, cause I'm sure to jinx myself, but I have not had a C3D crash in almost 3 whole days!

dfarris75
2006-03-11, 02:59 AM
I only began using C3D recently and I am noticing that it is rather unstable out of the box. I have not yet got all the updates for it. Perhaps they will resolve the issues I've had.
The other day I decided to create a backup of the dwg file I was working in (as I had lost data previously I thought it would be a good idea to create a backup file on a regular basis). I did a saveas and renamed it filenamebackup.dwg. Then I went back into the original file to continue working. My surface had disappeared as if I had never created it. I checked the backup file and it wasn't there either. I tried this three times, or maybe four, before I realized it just wasn't working. I have no idea why though. Fortunately it's on a small commercial project where using C3D isn't really necessary (at this juncture). I was just doing it for the practice. I hadn't gotten very far into the work either so, no big deal... this time.
I am hoping that the service packs and patches will resolve this issue... and then '07 comes out... :beer: