PDA

View Full Version : Creating Family with Revit Building 8.1

jld
2006-02-20, 07:44 AM
I'm new to Revit Building and I tried to create different families using the tutorial and the help section, but there is not enough information on it. It would be nice to have a deep inside course about creating the famil; flexing, creating reference planes, dimensioning the family and assigning parameters to these dimensions, add family types for the various different size, in-place, etc. You can view my posting on; http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=34212
it will give you some ideas of what I'm talking about.

New user of Revit Building
Jules Daigle

CADKitty
2006-02-20, 02:57 PM
I'm new to Revit Building and I tried to create different families using the tutorial and the help section, but there is not enough information on it. It would be nice to have a deep inside course about creating the famil; flexing, creating reference planes, dimensioning the family and assigning parameters to these dimensions, add family types for the various different size, in-place, etc. You can view my posting on; http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=34212
it will give you some ideas of what I'm talking about.

New user of Revit Building
Jules Daigle Hi Jules,

Have you looked at the Revit courses that will be running for the next three months? I know that Jeffrey is teaching some things about Families. Past that, we'll keep your request in mind when scheduling future courses.

jld
2006-02-28, 03:03 PM
Hello Cadkitty,

Thank you for the information. I had a look at the course list and did not find anything on family. Either I missed it or it has been removed, I don't know.

Regards
Jules

CADKitty
2006-02-28, 03:07 PM
~checks list~ Ohhh, it's Shared Families that's coming up in May...that's what I was thinking of. Ok, your request is on the list!

jld
2006-03-02, 08:23 AM
Hello CADkitty

Thank you. I will be on the look for when it is available.

Jules

rjcrowther
2006-10-17, 09:00 AM
Could I second the concept of an ATP on families.

Rob

jld
2006-10-17, 07:51 PM
Hello Rob,

You may second and if anyone else want to asked for the course, we might have it sooner if there is more people asking for it.

Jules

CADKitty
2006-10-17, 08:22 PM
Hello Rob,

You may second and if anyone else want to asked for the course, we might have it sooner if there is more people asking for it.

JulesYou can second, third, and fourth it! :mrgreen:

Know any good Reviteers to teach it? :razz:

jld
2007-03-11, 03:38 PM
Hi CADKitty,

Have you heard if there will be a course on Creating Family with Revit Building.
If there is one when will it be available. I did not hear anything since my last posting.

Regards :Puffy:
Jules

Augi Doggie
2007-03-11, 06:35 PM
Hi CADKitty,

Have you heard if there will be a course on Creating Family with Revit Building.
If there is one when will it be available. I did not hear anything since my last posting.

Regards :Puffy:
Jules
Hi Jules,

We do have a series of Revit Building courses starting next month. Check the Current ATP Courses (http://www.augi.com/education/schedule.asp?page=292)page for more information. I don't know how much of the courses will cover Creating Families but I will find out and post again as soon as I know more.

Regards,
Ken

jld
2007-03-11, 10:35 PM
Hi Ken,

Thank you. I could not remember where to look for the courses. I will go there right now and register to any course that would help me.

Jules