PDA

View Full Version : Polar Parameter and Action in item tag (prevent Text from rotating)

rjairath
2006-02-23, 07:53 PM
ok i have tried couple times to get this to work but it still does not.
i took the tag block from auto cad where the line moves around the tag and modified it to change the insertion point from the center to the end of the line and the item number moves around that center point (end of line).
i successfully did that but the text also rotates with the tag, what i would like to do is have the balloon move but the text to remain horizontal.
please help

i tried with out selecting text during the rotate prompt but no luck

Mike.Perry
2006-02-24, 12:19 AM
Hi

Try some of the information found in the following thread...

Rotating Attributes around Callout (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=33494)

Have a good one, Mike

Rico
2006-02-24, 01:53 PM
i took the tag block from auto cad where the line moves around the tag and modified it to change the insertion point from the center to the end of the line and the item number moves around that center point (end of line).
i successfully did that but the text also rotates with the tag, what i would like to do is have the balloon move but the text to remain horizontal.
please help

i tried with out selecting text during the rotate prompt but no luck just remove the text from the polar stretch action.

and follow the link Mike posted above. The info provided by Chris is fantastic.

Chris.N
2006-02-24, 03:39 PM
please help

i tried with out selecting text during the rotate prompt but no luckyou mean like this? i'm assuming you want to select arrow head location upon insertion and then move tag?

what i did after moving insertion point of block to end of line was to reverse the direction of the polar parameter (started fresh), added a polar stretch, but only included end of line at tag, and then didn't select anything for rotation. then i added a move action to same parameter node to take care of the tag itself.

rjairath
2006-02-25, 12:25 AM
i opened the file you have attached above but there are no dynamic blocks i followed all your instructions and i have made a block i have another situation now. thanks for the help so far but i wonder if this is possible. when i go insert i first click where i want the balloon to go then i would like it to ask for the next point of insertion for the end line so i can click on the object i would like to number and then ask for item number.

currently all it does is i hit insert it ask for insertion point and click where i want the balloon to go (end of command) it does not ask for number I have to double click on it to enter the data

then i grip the end of line and move it to my object. then i double click on the balloon enhanced attribute pops and i enter my data.

Mike.Perry
2006-02-25, 12:38 AM
Hi

Have you looked at the following, should give you some ideas...

Duplicate Attribute entries in Dynamic Blocks (http://mdouglas.blogs.com/in_the_dynamic_interface/2005/09/duplicate_attri.html)

Why don't my Attributes work in my Dynamic Blocks? (http://mdouglas.blogs.com/in_the_dynamic_interface/2005/04/why_dont_my_att.htm)

Have a good one, Mike

Chris.N
2006-02-25, 04:05 AM
Ai opened the file you have attached above but there are no dynamic blocks i followed all your instructions and i have made a block i have another situation now. thanks for the help so far but i wonder if this is possible. Bwhen i go insert i first click where i want the balloon to go then i would like it to ask for the next point of insertion for the end line so i can click on the object i would like to number and then ask for item number.

Ccurrently all it does is i hit insert it ask for insertion point and click where i want the balloon to go (end of command) it does not ask for number I have to double click on it to enter the data

then i grip the end of line and move it to my object. then i double click on the balloon enhanced attribute pops and i enter my data.A:the block is saved as the DB file and not inserted into a parent file. don't open, but insert what i submitted into a 2006 file.
B:what you are asking sounds like either a complex macro, or better yet, a lisp routine.
C:do you have your ATTDIA variable set to '1'? (also try FILEDIA, CMDDIA.... I have all these set to '1' personally)

rjairath
2006-02-27, 03:49 PM
hey chris
it finally made sense casu ei read through all your previous post and every time i tried to click your dwg files i never got why there was no block in it. i see what you did and that exactly what i wnted it to do so thanks for your help. about those seeting you mentione dto change how does one find taht kinda information out

Chris.N
2006-02-27, 04:14 PM
hey chris
it finally made sense casu ei read through all your previous post and every time i tried to click your dwg files i never got why there was no block in it. i see what you did and that exactly what i wnted it to do so thanks for your help. about those seeting you mentione dto change how does one find taht kinda information outyou are very welcome. the setting's knowledge comes from YEARS of frustration upon upgrading and having less-informed co-workers howling for help with blocks & attributes. with enuf digging in the ACAD help sections, the info can be found.

(PS: please use spell check next time you post on a Monday morning, my brain hurt by the third time thru your response above...)
;)