PDA

View Full Version : How do I ?

edward.kohles
2006-02-27, 01:39 PM
How do I get back to a thread I left on Friday?

BrenBren
2006-02-27, 01:54 PM

You would have to know what forum you were in. If you posted in the thread, you can do a search for any posts by you; or go to members list, and find your name and it will show all posts you've created.

Or, if you know the topic, you can search for that topic and find your way back to that thread.

Wanderer
2006-02-27, 02:07 PM
right, as brenda said, check out my attachments...

you can do an advanced search (from the 'search' in the title bar, click on the link below the input box for the advanced options), and search for everything before you last visit with some keywords, and restrict the search to certain forums...

or, it you'd posted there, you can also check your recent posts by clicking on your username...

:)

You would have to know what forum you were in. If you posted in the thread, you can do a search for any posts by you; or go to members list, and find your name and it will show all posts you've created.

Or, if you know the topic, you can search for that topic and find your way back to that thread.

Ammon
2006-02-27, 03:25 PM
As much as I admire Diva's Brenda and Melanie, I think they overlooked the "Control Panel" link at the top of the page. It will take you to a list of your subscribed threads. If you posted in a thread, the default is for you to be subscribed to that thread. It should list all of the threads you've posted to. Of course, if you didn't post, then you will have to do the whole search thing. :D

HTH

Wanderer
2006-02-27, 03:41 PM
As much as I admire Diva's Brenda and Melanie, I think they overlooked the "Control Panel" link at the top of the page. It will take you to a list of your subscribed threads. If you posted in a thread, the default is for you to be subscribed to that thread. It should list all of the threads you've posted to. Of course, if you didn't post, then you will have to do the whole search thing. :D

HTHlol... the forums are like autocad... at least 5 different ways to find any given thing. ;) excellent suggestion about the thread subscription, I never would have thought of that, since I have turned that default off and rarely subscribe to threads...

which brings us to another point... if your default is *not* set to subscribe to threads you reply to, or, if you'd like to keep an eye on a thread without replying, check out the link called 'thread tools' at the top of each topic, and there is an option in there to subscribe yourself to it with or without notifications, but, that will always include a link under your control panel. :)

Mike.Perry
2006-02-27, 10:18 PM
How do I get back to a thread I left on Friday?Hi

You can always find your posts via...

Quick Links drop-down forum menu ( along the top, in-between Search and LogOut ) -> My Profile -> Forum Info area, either click link "Find all post by ForumUserNameHere" or "Find all threads started by ForumUserNameHere"

:beer: Mike